Favorite Horror/Scary movie...

granda080

What's your favorite horror/scary movie to watch during the scary movie season (Halloween)?

I think that Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin is terrifying j/k. Seriously though what are your favorites? Ninjanick I'm looking to you. I know you dig the horror flicks.

:lol: Good memory man. Rep for you!

There are so many horror movies I enjoy. I look forward to new ones every year.

I heard about another Rob Zombie Halloween remake is due out soon. A new part 2.

Rob Zombie flicks are twisted, creepy, and stain your brain with fear pretty well. I say his movies freak me out a bit. I like them.

I've ALWAYS loved a good Friday the 13th movie as well. Sometimes I just enjoy some senseless maniac going on a killing spree and sneaking up on people. I hate it and love it when a movie can get me to JUMP. You know...the person is creeping around and then the music gets loud and somebody jumps out. Definitely gets the heart pumping. :)

I think American Psycho pretty muck takes the cake. But is it a horror movie??? i guess so.

i mean a naked guy covered in blood weilding a chainsaw covers alot of qualifiers. :D

I just picked up "Diary of the Dear" George Romero Flick from 2007. $9.99 at Target. It wasnt too bad for a zombie flick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diary_of_the_Dead

404px-DiaryofDeadPoster2.jpg

Edited by jagr

I might have to check out Diary of the Dead. I love zomie flicks, flicks about zombies more so than flicks by zombie of the Rob variety. I love the most recent Dawn of the Dead. I also really liked 28 Days later.

Nick you're right, there is something fantastic and classic about knowing the scary dude is out there and some crazy loudening music to get the heart going. I think my favorite example of that was The Amityville Horror, and the blinking red lights and crazy eeking sound. Hilariously great!

Not many movies actually creep me out. The first Aliens movies with the theater sub-sonics did a pretty good job if you watched them in the theater.

But for a Halloween movie, hmm. LifeForce, an attack by life sucking space alien vampires. Parts of it will scare the poop out of you.

LifeForce

I liked the Resident Evil flicks (ohhh, the things I would do to Milla Jovovich)

And I second the recommendation of American Psycho... disturbingly awesome!

28 Days Later was pretty good - I guess I don't watch too much of the Horror genre so much as the 'dark' and disturbing type movies. Like Spun.

I remember going to the drive in and watching friday the 13 when it first came out,I think I was like 7,and on the way home dads car breaks down and having to walk home at 2 in the mourning and walking across a empty field,I was scared shitless.

Doesn't really qualify as a scary/horroa flick, but I went and saw "Law Abiding Citizen" Friday night. Had enough gore in it to qualify for slightly left of center of sick for me. Wasn't super great, a little far fetched as far as the storyline, but worth seeing. They say that new Paranormal movie is pretty scary.

I remember going to the drive in and watching friday the 13 when it first came out,I think I was like 7,and on the way home dads car breaks down and having to walk home at 2 in the mourning and walking across a empty field,I was scared shitless.

:eek: Oh shit, that's horrible man. :lol: Talk about bad timing.

Maybe because I was like 9 when I saw it so it's stained my cerebral cortex, but John Carpenter's remake of The Thing was scary in parts. My family had a husky/shepherd mix and I tell ya, for months, my four legged buddy growing up slept his ass in the hall OUTSIDE my bedroom unitl I knew for dman sure he wasn't going to grotesquely morph into something that would eat my face off.