Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

15 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

It should just be one of those assumed things.

Capture.thumb.PNG.0eed9e31580e653c70dabc6774b076dd.PNG

That post from Justin clearly says he already ordered his, before Justin got the new job. He is locked in, and my dibs stands. Now GTF out of the way of my new Wing and CBR600RR tyvfm.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

That post from Justin clearly says he already ordered his, before Justin got the new job. He is locked in, and my dibs stands. Now GTF out of the way of my new Wing and CBR600RR tyvfm.

Lol, and the Honda shop is directly across the river from 536. Maybe a demo day.....:dunno: I'll be mainly at the Indian shop in Mineral Wells, WV.

Gotta love when an app on my phone won't recognize another app where data is backed up...  having to re-enter 50 phone numbers AGAIN is such a pain in the ass.  I thought technology helped make things easier, but most days it just doesn't seem like it.

It makes me miss rotary phones, cassette players, lawn darts, Mercurochrome - you know back when things were simple...  lol

3 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Gotta love when an app on my phone won't recognize another app where data is backed up...  having to re-enter 50 phone numbers AGAIN is such a pain in the ass.  I thought technology helped make things easier, but most days it just doesn't seem like it.

It makes me miss rotary phones, cassette players, lawn darts, Mercurochrome - you know back when things were simple...  lol

How about when one of the carrier's auto-installed apps kills the fingerprint reader on your phone?  Took a while for someone to figure that one out!  I'm just glad that I found the post where someone did figure it out!

17 hours ago, Tonik said:

Sounds like an iPhone thing.

Surprisingly, no.  Galaxy S7.  I did a factory reset because the screen kept freezing randomly and nothing seemed to resolve it...

14 hours ago, jporter12 said:

How about when one of the carrier's auto-installed apps kills the fingerprint reader on your phone?  Took a while for someone to figure that one out!  I'm just glad that I found the post where someone did figure it out!

I've never heard of that at all.  Sounds like almost as much fun as what I've been having.   :nono:

1 minute ago, tall_tracy said:

Surprisingly, no.  Galaxy S7.  I did a factory reset because the screen kept freezing randomly and nothing seemed to resolve it...

Oh, you used Sammy's contact manager. Use Googles and they live in your Gmail account.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tonik said:

Oh, you used Sammy's contact manager. Use Googles and they live in your Gmail account.

No, I have my contacts in Google.  I have a call blocker app to keep stalkers away and it backs up to dropbox, but I guess there's some issue between the apps and they no longer recognize each other, soooo I had to find an SD card and re-enter the blocked numbers and set it up to back up on the card versus dropbox.  This isn't the first time this has happened with losing my data in the call blocker, but now it'll be the last time.  

3 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

No, I have my contacts in Google.  I have a call blocker app to keep stalkers away and it backs up to dropbox, but I guess there's some issue between the apps and they no longer recognize each other, soooo I had to find an SD card and re-enter the blocked numbers and set it up to back up on the card versus dropbox.  This isn't the first time this has happened with losing my data in the call blocker, but now it'll be the last time.  

I had an issue somewhat like this one time. I exported my Gmail contacts to an SD card from my PC, then transferred from the SD card to the phone.

11 minutes ago, bowdog said:

Woah, let me get this right, you have 50 numbers that you have to block from stalkers?!?!? :wtf:

No, just a couple.  I'm not THAT popular, at all.  And it takes a lot to get your number blocked - showing up at my house drunk in the middle of the night is one way...  lol