Considering Personalized Bike Plates..

DGTL GRL

Okay, so I just did a online quote (oplates.com) to swap out my BMV issued plates with some vanity plates.

I did a 2 year and this is what the total came up to:

State License Fee

$57.00

Local/County Tax

$-.--

Service Fee

$5.25

Postage

$1.70

Special Plate Fee

$100.00

Logo Price

$-.--

Late Fee

$-.--

SOS Donation

$-.--

Total

$163.95 :eek:

That's more than my personalized plates on my car!!! (DGTL GRL)

To those who have got personalized bike plates- can you tell me how much the yearly renewal will cost? My current assumption is the first time you get these perrsonalized bike tags is when they cost the most.

How much does a yearly renewal run on a vanity bike tag?

Also--- still trying to decide what to put at my vanity plate if I do go for it. 5 characters doesnt give you alot to work with. Any thoughts?

:dunno:

• DGTL
  • DGTLZ
  • DGTLG
  • LDBKR

Personally, I absolutely loathe the idea of plate renewal. Having to pay every year for a sticker on a piece of metal when I've already paid taxes on the car and a use tax on gas just burns me up. I can't imagine volunteering to pay more money to do the same thing.

Personally, I absolutely loathe the idea of plate renewal. Having to pay every year for a sticker on a piece of metal when I've already paid taxes on the car and a use tax on gas just burns me up. I can't imagine volunteering to pay more money to do the same thing.

Nice! I rant about that every year! It's stupid IMO. I'm paying for the car, I paid taxes on it, I buy insurance on it, I buy gas on it, maintenance, plus much more...and then I have to pay every year to fucking drive the thing with a sticker on it!? :mad:

1x only fee in my opinion.

:plus1: Hollywood! Many roads are shit! Some have grass coming out of them in my area. Potholes are bad too. Oh another big thing in Dayton are city roads with little speed bump type hills in them every 20 feet! It's annoying as hell slamming up and down on the bike or car while driving home. US35 near Dayton has some that will launch your ass off your bike at 55mph (speed limit).

Okay all- I think you've convinced me.

I guess I'll stay with 92SFL until I win the lottery. Since I don't play the lottery.. I guess that means forever.

Maybe it's a sign that when I'm 92 I'll be living in South Florida longing for my days of riding a motorcycle that isn't one of those motorized Huver-round scooters.

Okay all- I think you've convinced me.

I guess I'll stay with 92SFL until I win the lottery. Since I don't play the lottery.. I guess that means forever.

Maybe it's a sign that when I'm 92 I'll be living in South Florida longing for my days of riding a motorcycle that isn't one of those motorized Huver-round scooters.

by the time you retire florida won't be there and the hover-rounds will actually hover...;)

I will gladly pay Ohio what they ask. It could be worse. When I was in Oklahoma,plates where charged based of the value of the vehicle. if I remember right it was like 5% up to 10K after that is was 2.5% of the value of the vehicle.

so my 5k pos was costing like 250 a year for standard tags. I never looked into personalized.

Yikes.. sounds like renewals are even pricey!

I guess mine is sorta personalized--- for someone.

Currently says 92SFL

looks like I have something important about 1992 and South Florida. lol

I had a similar thing happen to me. My standard issue was: R3DS. I was like great, people are going to think I'm a die-hard Reds fan.

I will gladly pay Ohio what they ask. It could be worse. When I was in Oklahoma,plates where charged based of the value of the vehicle. if I remember right it was like 5% up to 10K after that is was 2.5% of the value of the vehicle.

so my 5k pos was costing like 250 a year for standard tags. I never looked into personalized.

agreed, Indiana is like this and I was super pissed when I had to pay $200 for 6 months worth of registration there