Ohio's Popular Motorcycle Roads and Routes

Bad324

Out and about....coupla days of good weather. Headed out to get my Deerassic tickets (will post at another spot later re:). Left wonderful scenic Killbuck, jumped on USR62 by my house and headed south to SR83. Took 83 to Coshocton, and continued South (I'm heading to Cambridge)....caught a bit of SR93, but consider it as staying on 83. Turned left from SR83 onto SR209. 209 takes you into Cambridge. It town and find SR22, east and out of town.....Deerassic Park is on 22.

Return trip: went back towards Cambridge, but jumped on USR77 north. Got off a coupla exits later for Kimbolton and SR541. 541 heading west brings you back to Coshocton.

Alternate routing.....not a fancier of slab interstate? Take 22 back from Deerassic park into Cambridge. Retracing your route to 209...run 209 north (¿) until SR658 or a bit farther to SR662. I didn't go the alternative route, not sure of pavement on those two....pavement was great on my route. 

658 and/or 662 take you north to 541 and head back to Plainfield and then continue back to Coshocton.

Hope you can figure out route I've reported....good roads, for motorcycles or sportie cars.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:26 PM, Chuck78 said:

Everything east of Tar Hollow, South and east of Lancaster, east of Newark/Granville, East of Mohican State Forest. Zoom in to the map and puck some windy routes and GO!

Hard to go wrong even if you go out with no plan and just loosely looking at the naps tongwt your bearings on the twisty bits 

658 is one of my favorites in the state, but it is a sneaky one, with lots of fast curves and then a real tight one thrown in there to catch you off guard... There's a pretty sneaky one in particular that doesn't even seem that sneaky, but it has bitten many, many riders that have ran off the road I believe in both directions even.  Northbound I believe you may come down a long hill into an open area with a field to your right, woods and hill to the left, curving around mildly right.  Then there's an unexpected left turn at the end of this fast section, where there was an old collapsed small barn or outbuilding on the right.  For some reason the decreasing radius in this curve has gotten many bikes and cars, and I believe the shed/barn is collapsed from a car smashing into it southbound, which is the lesser of the surprise curve risk directions to travel...  Once past it, there's a house in the trees northbound on the right, and on the left after the curve there is a pole barn with lots of heavy equipment, maybe well drilling rigs or cranes, I can't quite recall. 

I believe this is it, doesn't seem treacherous if you know it's coming, but it's gotten many riders and drivers:

40.103141351054965, -81.65148311293423

https://goo.gl/maps/2ZK3p2ZR4wB71Vzp8

The barn/shed has an address on Google Maps I see from the satellite view, that's intriguing!

4455 Twin Sisters Rd, Cambridge, OH 43725

There's also a really nice downhill section northbound as you descend past a few houses into the trees and go around a left hand curve, then more downhill for a nice straight into the forest, then a sharp right after that... I can't recall if the sharpness of the curve was the primary hazard, but I recall a few hard braking moments into that curve as well as evasive maneuvers for small but heaped up gravel piles from rain washes, right in the curve.  So be careful for that right hand downhill tighter curve which may have gravel in it.

83 from 93 southbound to 209 has a really nice uphill stretch to it approaching 209, where you can see some exposed rock outcrops in the fields up on the clearcut hills.  Then hang a left on 209, which quickly turns into about 6 or 8 miles of my favorite 55mph sweepers in the state of Ohio... then peters out after 658 heading into Cambridge once you descend off of the long ridge with all the immaculate sweepers.  Left on 658 is the move, but it's akin to Rt 536 down on the river up to 78, fast and fun with some tight sneaky ones thrown in there that can really give you some pucker moments if racing through it like a flip flop and shorts wearing 80mph interstate wheelie riding 21 year old squid...

There's also another decent road that runs up off 209, I think it starts with a 6##, triple digits, runs up to 83 near 93 or vice versa, by where there's an impressively monstrous hill to the right of the road (83 or 93).

Memory is a bit foggy as I've spent most of the past 2.5 seasons riding 2-stroke trail bikes in the gnarly KY/WV hills, and some Wayne National Forest, Pike and Perry State Forests etc...