tire disposal?

Steve Butters

wow...just wow

Scrap Tires

The Ohio EPA strictly enforces regulations concerning the transportation of scrap tires. The law defines a scrap tire as a used tire that is not wanted or is thrown away. Scrap tires are solid waste, making it illegal for citizens to dispose of tires anywhere other than a licensed solid waste facility. The law also prohibits burning of scrap tires. No one may transport more than 10 scrap tires at a time without a registration certificate. Businesses or government agencies must obtain a certificate from the EPA prior to allowing an employee to move scrap tires. An exception to this regulation is granted to farming operations and those who process aggregates, such as rocks and stones. Companies engaged in solid waste transport may haul up to 10 tires per load. Individuals and businesses involved in the retail sale of tires may transport up to 25 scrap tires per load without certification. Anyone found guilty of unregistered transporting of scrap tires, illegal disposal or burning of scrap tires may be required to pay fines raging from $10,000 to $25,000. In some cases, punishment can include imprisonment. The Division of Solid and Infectious Waste Management administers the state's scrap tire regulations.

Ohio EPA

Division of Solid and Infectious Waste Management

50 West Town Street

Suite 700

Columbus, OH 43215

614-644-2621

http://epa.ohio.gov/

Read more: Ohio EPA Regulations | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6899285_ohio-epa-regulations.html#ixzz1cgXmaXRT

Buddy of mine welded up a machine that quarters tires so he can just toss em in a dumpster. Every week the garbage truck came and hauled off dozens of tires. They won't float to the surface of a landfill so they don't bitch about it.

Then again, that was Indiana. You can get away with lots of things there.

Buddy of mine welded up a machine that quarters tires so he can just toss em in a dumpster. Every week the garbage truck came and hauled off dozens of tires. They won't float to the surface of a landfill so they don't bitch about it.

Then again, that was Indiana. You can get away with lots of things there.

lol if i wanna "get away" with stuff we can just dig a hole at the wood line between my girls dads second driveway and the woods and bury them all

trying to do it legit though...although the 10 tire policy is kind of a pain