What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Picked up a M & P shield in 9 MM.

I went to 2 places, Fin, Feather and Fur and Great lakes outdoor.

Fin did not have a Walther PPS or Shield.

Great lakes did not have the Walther, but had the 9MM Shield.

I plan to take it to the range and try it out Sunday.

Already field stripped and cleaned / lubed.

I ended up with the last one they had.

They indicated they can get them in a few days.

I can PM you the contact info if you would like.

The factory fired round that was included in the box had a "fired" date of 12/17/13, so this one was pretty much just made.

I did not have that great of an experience with the Shield. 

I was shooting a few inches low. 

Speedy and I fired about 150 rounds.total. It was a mix of Winchester white box, Blazer brass and some defensive ammo Speedy had.

I think part of my issue is my placement of my finger on the trigger and the inside of the trigger guard. I might be dragging my trigger  finger on the inside of the trigger guard.

Before I went to the range, I had the pistol loaded with snap caps and was practicing holding the pistol and squezing the trigger.

I will have to work with it more to see if I can adjust my grip and trigger feel.

• Upvote 1

Nice little m&p family you got there chevy. I got a similar thing going with my xd collection. Just need to add another single stack to the mix maybe a xds.

Thanks speedy.

I want to check out the new M&P bodyguard .380. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/foghorn/new-sw-mp-version-bodyguard-380/

Edited by chevysoldier

Bought my wife a Shield .40 for Christmas. Still haven't taken it out to shoot it yet. Got it in .40 since I have other .40s but no 9mm, wanted to keep fewer calibers. Here it is in comparison to my Bodyguard .380 and M&P .40

Thanks for posting this, always was curious of exactly the difference.  One thing though, you have the extended mag on the shield which takes away from its concealability a tiny bit for comparison purposes.  However, I've wanted to see a pic just like this for some time.

I actually went with the Ruger LCP380 instead of the Bodyguard because it was way easier to conceal, yet the same round.  I also figured in a SHTF situation I wouldn't want to mess with the laser so it wasn't a selling point to me.

Either way, that pic is sweet, I love my Shield, yay!

• 2 weeks later...

Rough week at work, so I took a vacation day for some range therapy. Started the day at cabelas to burn some Cabelas points.... Bought a magazine extension for the Benelli and a sweet bulldog case/backpack so I can ride to the trap fields this summer. Hit New Albany after and sent 475 rounds down range from the Sig and a new Walther PPK. Very therapeutic. The PPK is surprising very accurate. I have a Crossbreed for it and am considering putting it in the carry rotation.

The wife and oldest boy got their certs to apply for their CHL's a couple weeks ago.  Kid already got this license...2 days in Hillsborough to get it.

I think the wife and I will be going shopping this weekend for her a little something to put in her purse. :D   Thinking of a .380 but not sure just yet.

Edited by r1crusher

• Casper unpinned this topic