What i did in guns.

kawi kid

24 minutes ago, bowdog said:

You will have to take it to them and have them scan it to get the code, then you can set your own code. Key pad is all I use, I don't even take the keys with me anymore just leave them in the truck.

If you have the original owner's manual there should be a card with the code on it.

39 minutes ago, bowdog said:

You will have to take it to them and have them scan it to get the code, then you can set your own code. Key pad is all I use, I don't even take the keys with me anymore just leave them in the truck.

I still haven't called, but my stepdad has a 14 f150 and he called the dealer and they gave it to him over the phone. He also locked himself out once and that's how he got in. The dealer service was not open on Sunday so I wasn't able to test that. I'll report back here after I eventually stop being lazy and call lol.

2 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

I still haven't called, but my stepdad has a 14 f150 and he called the dealer and they gave it to him over the phone. He also locked himself out once and that's how he got in. The dealer service was not open on Sunday so I wasn't able to test that. I'll report back here after I eventually stop being lazy and call lol.

HUH let me know...when i tried to get the one for my old truck they had to scan. the new one of course came with the card in the manual.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up my first handgun. Walther PPQ M2. 

Took a CCW class and really enjoyed the way this one shot. Looked up reviews online of this one and many others. The PPQ always had great reviews and considered one of the best triggers out of the box. This will be a home defense/fun gun, probably will never carry it. I'll get something smaller later if i decide to carry. 

Now my only issue is i can't find 9mm ammo anywhere local (Westside of Cleveland). Called every place around and all out. Don't really want to pay $15 shipping for a few boxes of $40 ammo. 

20210115_140553.jpg

4 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Picked up my first handgun. Walther PPQ M2. 

Took a CCW class and really enjoyed the way this one shot. Looked up reviews online of this one and many others. The PPQ always had great reviews and considered one of the best triggers out of the box. This will be a home defense/fun gun, probably will never carry it. I'll get something smaller later if i decide to carry. 

Now my only issue is i can't find 9mm ammo anywhere local (Westside of Cleveland). Called every place around and all out. Don't really want to pay $15 shipping for a few boxes of $40 ammo. 

I had a chance to shoot an older PPQ and the Match version of the same gun a few years ago.  I thought they were pretty nice guns.  Hopefully you will find the same when ammo is available again.  I haven't been to a gun store in probably 6 months but the stuff I have seen online is too friggin expensive and borderline price gouging to even consider buying anything right now.  I hope things settle down after the change of power in the oval office and prices start to fall but if Biden continues to saber rattle about bans it may be a long 4 years till we get someone more 2A friendly in office and ammo comes back in stock.

• Casper unpinned this topic