Whoever is racing up/down Charter St...

SWing'R

Kinda, but not really, like the people that bought near the Polaris/Germain Amphitheatre and then complained about concert noise.

One's a legal activity, one's not.

A man's home is his castle and he should be able to enjoy life without illegal activities infringing upon his solitude, imho, with all due respect, my $0.022 worth, etc.

Now, had SWing'r bought a place next to National Trail I'd tell him "tough luck and quit yer bitchin', dumbass".

• Upvote 1

It's not like it's going on for hours at a time... he said it himself, by the time the cops are able to respond they are gone...

chill out for 10 minutes, they will be gone.

Edited by magley64

dig a small ditch at the "finish line"

stuff tannerite into ditch

camouflage tannerite as required

ignition wired to pressure switch across the line

start fapping as they line up to race. see if you can finish in time with the fireworks.

• Upvote 3

thats the good ol days....people still race there?

lol quit being a buzz kill....go out and watch, have some fun

There aren't any car races back there anymore, haven't heard any for a few

years. I just started hearing bikes back there within the past month or two.

The cars stopped coming because it was too hot of a spot anymore after the neighbors

got quick on the speed dial to the police. It wasn't worth the effort anymore

to only be able to get in one maybe two races before the cops showed up so they

stopped coming, I'm assuming they found a better place to go.

As for watching... I wouldn't mind watching if they were running at a decent time,

the middle of the night is hardly the time I feel like going out and watching

someone race. Anything after 11pm at night is too late, people have kids, people

have jobs and need to sleep. It's always fun falling back to sleep after being

woke up abruptly in the middle of the night cause some jackass is winding his liter

bike wide open a few hundred yards away.

It's only a couple minutes, can it ya old fart,
So you bought a house next to a drag strip and now you're bitching about the noise.
It's not like it's going on for hours at a time... he said it himself,

by the time the cops are able to respond they are gone...chill out for 10 minutes, they will be gone.

Big talk from people that DON'T live near the activity. You can say what you want on

here but you know damn well you wouldn't put up with it near your own house either.

Kinda, but not really, like the people that bought near the Polaris/Germain Amphitheatre and then complained about concert noise.

One's a legal activity, one's not.

A man's home is his castle and he should be able to enjoy life without illegal activities infringing upon his solitude, imho, with all due respect, my $0.022 worth, etc.

Now, had SWing'r bought a place next to National Trail I'd tell him "tough luck and quit yer bitchin', dumbass".

At least one person understands.

he practically did....that road is used about as often as trails lol

and apparently, he knew that before he bought the place

Where do you figure I knew about it before I bought my house? Our neighborhood was built in

2001 with the final phases finishing in 2003 which is when we bought. Explain to me how I'm

supposed to know ahead of time that the neighborhood I'm moving into is a couple hundred yards

from a drag racing hot spot??????? Nobody knew. How could you?

I don't see the big deal, let them have their fun, not like it is an all day event. During the summer time I can hear the powerboats race all the time, no biggie(prob 5miles away). Also at night you can hear a train(bout 2 miles away). And sometimes you can hear cars/bikes speeding from a a couple miles away, not really a big deap.

Just deal with it, if they decide to make it a long event then get pissy, but I don't see the big deal of making one pass down one street every now and then :dunno: No need to get anyone arrested, should I call the popo every time you speed a little or want to have a bit of fun?

The big deal is they make places to do this and it's not through a residential neighborhood. I would do the same thing and call the cops, take video, get license plates etc etc. it's all fun and games until one of these assholes kills your loved one by doing an illegal race on the street. I just don't get some people's mode of thinking that this is "not a big deal".

five words, "NOT IN MY BACK YARD!"

But I agree that it's unnecessary and unsafe. Especially when drag strips are not scarce, and relatively cheap.

I admit that I did a quick search through SWing'R's prior posts to see if I could find a hypocritical post about him ripping through the gears in a residential area or even on a public highway. I didn't see anything.

So I understand that it's annoying, but at least it's an isolated area where they're only going to hurt themselves and maybe a few deer (as if we don't already have too many of those)

The big deal is they make places to do this and it's not through a residential neighborhood. I would do the same thing and call the cops, take video, get license plates etc etc. it's all fun and games until one of these assholes kills your loved one by doing an illegal race on the street. I just don't get some people's mode of thinking that this is "not a big deal".

I don't think they are doing it in the neighborhood(that would be a different story) I think they are doing it on a road close by. I don't know the area so I cannot vouch for this, but I think he is just peeved by the noise, not because it is down a street with houses.

I never sleep with my windows open because of the city. I use to all the time growing up in the country. All I heard then were crickets. This city shit I can never have windows up and sleep. Sucks, but I just keep windows shut and as long as it isn't in my neighborhood I'm all good. I can hear bikes getting it down US35 a lot at night.

I don't think they are doing it in the neighborhood(that would be a different story) I think they are doing it on a road close by.

Just so you guys know how close by this location is to our houses, here is a google earth image...

CharterStreet.jpg

I never sleep with my windows open because of the city. I use to all the time growing up in the country. All I heard then were crickets. This city shit I can never have windows up and sleep. Sucks, but I just keep windows shut and as long as it isn't in my neighborhood I'm all good. I can hear bikes getting it down US35 a lot at night.

The area is fairly quiet, so when someone screws around back there the sound really carries.

About a week ago around 1am a bike back there woke me up, house was all

closed up, air conditioning on, tv on, I had fallen asleep on the couch and it

was still loud enough to wake me. :nono:

One of the largest train yards in town is not far from here either but the sound from

the trains and trucks doesn't bother me cause you can't hear it in the house unless you

have the windows open, even then, its just faint city noise.