kicking my caffeine habit...

oldschoolsdime92

I never really had this issue. I drink 1 cup in the morning of coffee, but not every morning. I don't drink pop ( less than 1 a week). Some times the sugar in teas and pop will upset my stomach.

Good luck!

I would cut back a little at a time, set a goal for 1 month out and start cutting back.

I used to do this with coffee.I would drink about 10 cups a day. Now I have 1-2 cups a day. I slowly weened myself off of it and now only drink it within the first two hours of being awake.

I honestly got rid of my coffee maker and started walking to the closest coffee shop that had good coffee. I would only be able to go get my 20oz cup and that was it for the day.

Now I'm using a hand press and burr grinder and I find that two cups of that with some good bean does me just fine for the day.

I had headaches for close to a month when dropping caffeine! At least that's the only thing I could attribute the headaches to. I was actually fine for the first week or so, then when a head ache would pop up I would take something for it. The few times they were pretty bad, I took Excederin Migraine, which has caffeine in it, sort of as a step down.

My heartburn got better pretty fast, then it started coming back, but not as bad. I started taking Prilosec and all is well.

This was all about a year and a half ago, and now I have a few caffeinated sodas a week.

at this point, i just use it to maintain! So far today ive only consumed 8 oz of coffee and 8 oz of black tea, with no headache thus far.By monday I plan to have 4 oz of coffee and thats it.

For me personally, it takes somewhere between 36 and 48 hours for the headache to kick in. Even just a reduction in caffeine can cause a headache (going from 4 cups on one day to 2 cups the next), which is why I always choose to just cut it out entirely, deal with the headache for a day or two, then its done....

Try decaf? It seems like you just may be addicted to coffee more so than caffeine?

I'm horrid with the energy drinks, I drink 4-8+ a day... Damn Java monsters are just so tasty and go.down like water :(

Yeah, that'll kill you. Hell just 1 of those things are bad for you, but in excess it will definitely cause irreversible damage. Watched a few shows on them and addicts of them.

Good luck on kicking the caffeine habit, if I didn't ingest some sort of stimulant everyday then my metabolism would implode and open a black hole that would most likely swallow my genitals.

Like Lee said, you got skinny bro - all that dieting and biking last year surely trimmed ya down, I'm working on the same issue since before the holidays.....so I didn't gain weight over Thanksgiving/Christmas.....but I didn't lose any either :D Sort of a wash out but better than the typical annual 10-15lb inflation

I cut soda Sunday before noon. I had a headache half of Monday and nothing since. I didn't completely cut caffeine. I've had 64 oz of unsweetened tea and I drink cran energy drinks that have green tea. I did have a 8oz natural sierra mist the other day to settle my stomach . I haven't had any cravings. I add mio some of the time to my water.