Chris Kyle Argument

magley64

The Madkitty kinda covered that but Magz here is a quote from Kyle during one of his last interviews.

"what keeps me up at night is not the people that I've killed. It was the people I wasn't able to save"

He save many more lives than he took Magz, war is ugly and the ones he killed were their on their own accord to do harm to others. Chris was there to protect, he was very proficient at that.

You wanna touch it don't you MT? I can tell by your cute little nickname for me, I mean we haven't even met and I have a pet name already!

• Upvote 1

Magz, I respect your opinions just like I respect everyone's opinions but this has caused me to lose all respect for any of your opinions. Do you have any respect for people or the dead at all? What could possibly make you think that this was a good idea? It shouldnt matter what you opinions are on how someone died, you should respect them and those close to them. This hurts me that you could possibly pull something like this. I am very disappointed. I would have thought you would be a better person than that.

The I'm not mad I'm just disappointed.

I've met some special forces guy and they were the most humble, respectful and giving people I have ever met.

The I'm not mad I'm just disappointed.

I've met some special forces guy and they were the most humble, respectful and giving people I have ever met.

Wait? What? I never said I wasnt made. I've have several friends in the Armed Forces. One of which yes I lost several years ago. I just really cannot believe that magz would really choose a time like this to express his opinions. It is far from disrespectful. I think you may have read my post wrong.

or did I misunderstand yous?

Edited by ninjachic

I defend your right to speak your mind' date=' but I find it completely uncouth and juvenile. Shitting on the memory of someone that put himself in harm's way to defend people he didn't know is not something that grown men do. You're behavior is infantile, at best. Sleep well, knowing this man died trying to help another person. A person whom he owed nothing. His debt to our free society was paid long ago.

I'm usually pretty "whatever" about threads on this forum, but I am truly astounded by your words. I'm not impressed, but you've certainly shown a side that I refused to acknowledge. I feel sorry for you and for your miniscule existence.

One last thing.. not that it matters to anyone on here, but your money is no good at DucRx. Don't call for service. You, and yours, are no longer welcome. I'm sad to say that, and I hope you decide to take a step back and examine your position, but I cannot and will not come to the aid of someone that is so blatantly disrespectful as you... even for monetary gain. Making fun of religion, superstition and the nonsense that goes with all of that is one thing. However, the complete lack of intellectual fortitude you've demonstrated today is something so off-putting that I'd rather not ever see your face in public, again. You make me sick to my stomach. You're not a man. Not in any way, shape or form. Maybe you'll grow to be a man, someday...not that it's my business. I don't care what becomes of you, honestly.[/quote']

A-FUCKING-MEN. It is an honor to call you a friend

I'm just saying, it doesn't take an abundance of courage to shoot someone... ever...but especially someone who isn't aware that you are attempting to shoot them.

wait, what? It requires courage or fear or insanity.

What the heck is going on over here...

This is the most disrespectful thing I have ever read. I knew people were bad, but holy fuck. For some reason magley, I feel like your the type of person that would be at his funeral just to hit on his wife and kick his dog, then follow them home just to shit on his pillow. I have never hoped that someone gets a bat to the face as much as I do you.

I'm just saying, it doesn't take an abundance of courage to shoot someone... ever...but especially someone who isn't aware that you are attempting to shoot them.

It doesn't take an abundance of courage to post a-hole comments from your cozy chair behind your keyboard. You should find some active military personnel and share your opinions face to face...that would take some courage.

• Upvote 2

you knowingly use clearly unconscionable and crass statements in the hopes of getting attention to your sad little points, opinions, and existence. the fact that you think the key difference is that you're not blaming a deity for your dumb fuckery is astonishing, given how high an opinion you have of your intelligence. it would actually reflect better on you if you blamed some third party for your asinine tard logic... but no, you're just a sad dullard.

here, i'm just puzzled. do you lack the ability to relate with anything/anyone that you don't directly interact with? have you been diagnosed with autism or aspergers? it doesn't make sense that you can enjoy the taste of obama dick and yet, you're so far away from him, not a friend, not a neighbor, never rode with him. but here, you don't understand why people might feel sad that a war hero died helping someone. you should probably see a psychiatrist to get the official diagnosis.

do you really believe this is the reason he is admired and is famous? because he killed a lot of people? he is lauded for his efforts in the war that resulted in the preventing the loss of lives and injury of american soldiers. this is not hard, it's not a logic puzzle, it's just not being retarded. try to keep up.

your disrespect of those who put their lives on the line for their country is unfathomably vile. if you truly believe there is nothing wrong with your opinion on the matter and that it is based on solid logic, please share your opinions of this event, and your opinion of servicemen everywhere with your cousin who is a ranger.

the only thing that could be considered ironic is that he risked his life in a war zone for so many years in one of the most dangerous roles a person can take, and in the course of trying to help a fellow veteran, he was murdered by that fellow veteran. it is tragic, not something to be scoffed at by a servile retarded loser with a sad excuse for a life and with comparably nothing to show for his time on this earth.

you feel bad for his family, but feel good enough to use the story of his death to throw in some fucking scummy quip? you're a just bad person and an awful human being. that's why.

because you can't see why he is special, you feel the need to go into a clearly well intentioned space on the internet where people can express their gratitude for his service to this country and mourn his loss, and exhibit your apathy, disrespect, and to show how much of a piece of shit you are?

you disgust me. not just because you are stupid, not just because you are a failure in so many respects, and not just because you lack respect. but because you are simply an awful human being.

All rep'd out some one help me out please.

• Upvote 1

duane, nobody enjoyed what you posted, and I for one (I won't presume to speak for pauly) didn't have fun responding to any of your crazy shit. even until now, i always thought you were a decent human being with some sense of civility but you proved otherwise.

if you really feel justified in what you most likely blabbed out without thinking, then post your words on your facebook and tag any of your family/friends who are or were active military. hell, i'll even give you an out and you can post how you agree with Ron Paul in this link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/04/ron-paul-tweets-controversial-message-about-murdered-navy-seal-veteran/%20?test=latestnews

or maybe just try to refrain from being such a waste of brave lives lost so you could enjoy yours. fucking ingrate.

magley64, I have a quote I'd like you to read.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

Not written by Chris, but he's the type of person they are referring to at the end.

You're the other type, in case you don't realize.

You speak of freedom like it's free.

You, and every other bleeding heart liberal fail to realize that the freedom we enjoy so much(and take for granted) is because our forefathers died(and killed) for it.

It sickens me, deep down.

It fills me with hatred.

It makes me sad...

It doesn't make me want to harm you physically...but it sure as hell makes me wish that you could experience life without freedom for one day.

Or maybe war.

War forced on you through a draft.

You're cold, you're hungry, you're hurt and bleeding...and there is not a single thing you can do other than to fight for survival.

These are the things that everyone in our military(including Chris) volunteer for.

That is why the respect(and grievance) is given.

How can you not understand that?

How can you live in this country and not agree?

If you feel so strongly in your beliefs, you don't you just leave?

That's what bothers me the most with people who talk badly about the basic principles that our country was founded...why are you here?

225 years ago, you'd already be on a boat headed back to England...or shot and left for dead in a field somewhere.

If I knew without a doubt that you'd leave this country and never come back, I'd buy you the plane ticket today.

• Upvote 3

My words have very little in common with the WBC other than you find them apalling. Not once did I blame my opinion on that of an imaginary sky fairy but instead on my own view.

Let's be honest, why is this thread even here? Was a friend of anyone on the board? Nope... a neighbor? anyone here ride with him? No...

This thread is here for 1 of a couple reasons. Most obvious is because he's famous... why is he famous? because he was more efficient at killing people than anyone else within the armed forces with his particular weapon of choice...

The othe reason would be regarding the irony of a number of circumstances around his death. 1. his job, he did a wonderful job killing people... and it was that "a job" he didn't volunteer, he was paid, and paid reasonably. 2. the fact that he was shot at a firing range (something many of you have assured "never happens")

I feel bad for his family, they didn't deserve to grow up without a father/husband/son, but i don't get the big outpouring of emotion.

Plenty of good men die every day, I don't see threads for all of them, what makes this guy so special?

Snipers are a huge force multiplier.

• They actively protect troops from threats. (That alone is good enough for me)
  • They have good vantage points to pass valuable intel to troops.
  • They can eliminate targets that pose a threat to large ground forces covertly.
  • They inspire fear in the enemy and cause chaos, which impedes the enemy from functioning fully.
  • The optics they use cause them to have a much more personal decision on each shot. Mental resilience is very strong for them.

Yes, he was paid, but every one of his specialties are above and beyond what most in the service do. Not to mention our pay is pretty abysmal for the time and service required, but that is not why we raised our hands.

Navy - Volunteer

SEAL - Volunteer

Sniper - Volunteer

He was a gifted sniper, in an environment that allowed him to do his job without a pile of red tape. He saved countless lives with his actions.

The shooting range he was shot at was not a normal range. It was a 11,000 acre open area. Not much over watch in places like that. With his training, I'd expect he (Chris Kyle) was trying to help the shooter in some manner or another and the shooter turned on them rather than the shooter getting the jump on them in the brush.

Again, the common theme here is the shooter was a mentally unstable person. This one was even at a weapons range.

Even if this thread was just about a PV2 that got killed in an IED blast, you still have no right to say that he deserved to die based on his job. A thread could be to salute a service member and that is all the reason it needs.

As always, you're a moron. I know they haven't made a cure for liberals yet so we're still stuck with your babbling. Try and use some common decency for people that lived and died with honor, and fought for your freedoms.

Edited by BDBGoalie
  • Upvote 2