Go Pro Alternative?

JohnG

I have a Roam that I used all last summer, it worked great, however the mic sucked for riding, so I did a mic mod where I installed a mic jack on the front and used an old microphone from my old pair of Tritton gaming headsets and it worked great.

There are also the XTC Midland cameras that are all across the price spectrum, the highest end one being less then a Roam. Alot of the motovloggers out there swear by the Drift Innovations Ghost and Drift HD. Those are as good as Go pro Hero2 and the Roam plus the new Drift HD has all wireless capabilities like the Hero 3 without the issues. Bout the same price as well.

Edited by Gunner75

I never liked the gopro units from the get go...If they had put a lcd screen in the back to show what was being shot I would probably have bought one a long time ago. Glad I didn't and now that I read crap like this, I WILL NEVER BUY ONE. If it was a know problem with the OS software, They should be paying the TOTAL cost of any tech support. And even that isn't solving the problem, but just delaying it till it happens again. There is no better way to promote or degrade a product than word of mouth. Any company that would knowingly sell their product with a known discrepancy and then have the gall to charge their customers to temporarily fix it while they work on new software needs to be shut down. Best way is to remove their source of operating capital. Tell everyone you know not to buy their crap and then, just maybe then, they will get the message.

Not a bad alternative for a GoPro and it comes with a remote. Just ordered 2 I will have them at the Epic ride and Gap trip if anyone wants to check them out. I likw the fact I can connect an external mic to this as well, and if you use the code C2W you can save $30 on any camera.

http://store.driftinnovation.com/cameras/drift-hd-720-helmet-camera

Edited by Kmanlyst