Mounted and balanced the new tires. Then took the rear rotor off the stock wheel and mounted it to the new rear wheel from Woodys. Then mounted the 320mm front rotor and mounted the wheels for the first time on the new bike.
After that I installed the Safari tank (all new hardware, new petcocks, new fuel line and fittings) and plumbed the fuel lines. Then installed the fairing and re-aimed the headlight and light bar.
The last item is the new shock being built for the bike by Cogent Dynamics. For the 82,000 miles on the original Sunny I ran a Cogent Mojave shock. This bike is getting a new Cogent Mojave Pro model (large remote reservoir with adjustable compression damping as well) as well as their hydraulic preload adjuster. It’ll be awesome to be able to soften the preload bit when riding the bike without all the luggage.
Once the shock is in, fuel is going in and startup!! It’ll be great to see how it runs. I only rode it 10 miles or so before tearing the bike down. Some minor changes have been made from stock. Better air filter. Carb rejetted and modified with ethanol-proof o-rings and gaskets as well as a remote choke knob and manual air/fuel mixture screw (only needed one tweak on old carb in all those miles. Had to open up the air in Peru when over 16,000 ft). I’m also running a different exhaust can. The bike ripped stock. I’m sure it’ll be sweet.