Ohio Mini Roadracing League (OMRL) races this weekend!

fireman_343

Season opener is this Saturday April 20th at Circleville Raceway Park (CRP).

Come watch the superstars of tomorrow and also superstars of years past (us old guys/gals) race and have fun.

If you want to try out the action, bring all your gear and rent a bike for a race (limited bikes available) or if u have one bring it. Our new class, SuperMoto, is rapidly becoming a huge hit!

So, come checkout the bikes, watch the action and or join in.

For more info, visit www.ohiominigp.com for complete schedule, rules and more!

Action starts around 9:30am till about 3

31B40380-AE0C-4EE9-82CF-98A944EC0534-48812-000025212228A641_zpsa46a0574.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5MOFaOXi38&sns=em

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. I will likely run 3 classes and wear myself out. It's been a long winter!

Bikers should ride up and spectate/help. Always a friendly crowd.

Chris

I could run 3 classes if I wanted since I'm bringing both Repsol bikes, but it's too confusing switching from the 4 stroke to the 2 stroke. David's bike is my backup in case I need it! Lol

F4 will be my primary focus, but plan to run stock NSR and super moto as well. We shall see how I fare against more seasoned Super Moto riders. I only have about 15 laps total practice in super moto on two different bikes.

One of the best feelings in life is launching into a race at the drop of the green flag. I'm EXCITED!

• 2 weeks later...

Who else is coming out this weekend for Round 2?

This will be my mini-moto debut.

The Anderson Door Racing XR100's are for sure in stock XR. JB's still licking his wounds after crashing in round 1, so I'm not sure he's in for F4, but I will probably do both classes unless something changes in the next 3 days.

I can just show up with a wad of cash, buy my license, pay for races, rent a transponder, etc., right?

Who else is coming out this weekend for Round 2?

This will be my mini-moto debut.

The Anderson Door Racing XR100's are for sure in stock XR. JB's still licking his wounds after crashing in round 1, so I'm not sure he's in for F4, but I will probably do both classes unless something changes in the next 3 days.

I can just show up with a wad of cash, buy my license, pay for races, rent a transponder, etc., right?

I'll be there racing F4 and Stock NSR. Hopefully I get lucky and get to Super Moto as well.

I don't think you will need a wad of cash. A hundred will get you a license and two classes and I think transponder rental as well.

Chris

I might dabble in F4 very soon if I can get a stock cylinder for my friends NSR.. But until then, I'll have to race the rocket in F2/1

See ya all at the track!

Btw, we take most major credit cards

Well, my first time on a kart track started off humbling. Pretty sure I crashed in the third or fourth lap of practice.

Spent the next 8 laps trying to regain some confidence, and finally found some in the first F4 race.

By the end of the day, I was happy with my progress, if not with my pace :-)

I need to get out there for practice and tune my carb, after the port work was done it hasn't ran exactly like I want her...

But, still had a good race with one if the 150R's and was able to stay in front of him, so it must be running somewhat well, just need to dice it up again with JR and his RS rocket.

Weather was perfect today. Can't believe more didn't show.

MotoSeries round 1 is today, so some people may have been at Nelson doing Saturday practice.

I'm sure more people will grid up in a couple of weeks. I have to learn to turn left before then...

• 2 weeks later...

Much better turnout today! At least in the classes I was running there was.

No matter how many times I turn a wheel on track, the first session always sucks balls and leaves me wondering why I'm there, and whether or not I even want to continue riding that day...

Then I ride MUCH better in the next session, and all is well. Same deal today. I sucked ass in practice, then turned a personal best lap in my first race of the day.

A pack of 5 novices managed to find each other in the first couple of laps, and then we diced it up until a rider lapping us went down right behind the first rider in our pack of novices. That let the lead novice get away a bit, and sent the rest of us off into the grass to avoid the crasher. I gave up a position in the process, and finished behind a couple of riders I feel I could have beaten, but despite the lost points, that was still some of the most fun I've ever had on a track. We must have turned 5 straight laps wheel-to-wheel, and then spent another couple reeling in the lead novice who got away during the crash. Awesome time.

I finished much higher in the second heat, but I wish I'd had to do more battling to get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome racing yesterday.  Pretty much perfect weather too.  I got caught in a monsoon on the drive home though.  There was flooding on the highway so bad that the water was up to the DECK of my trailer at one point.  (this was at like 11:30 at night.  I didn't go straight home from the track)

I also think I won the second XR heat!  (I'll just pretend it wasn't because the two fastest novices weren't there) and i got down to 1:01.11x in the clockwise direction.  My previous best was a 1:04 or something.  Counter-clockwise, I had done a 1:01.7x, so it's good to be getting up to speed in both directions.

Not sure what happened at the start of the last F4 race.  I am 100% confident that I gridded where the sheet said I should, but I was moved from the inside of row 3 to the outside of row 3. 

I'm wondering if the grid wasn't changed/updated while I was racing XR and then corner-working NSR.  I never came back into the pits, but I had made a point of etching my grid positions into my brain BECAUSE I knew I wasn't going to be able to check between races...  Oh well. Hopefully the starter wasn't too pissed at me.