Any Required Permit Time Before Taking Brc And Getting Endorsed?

Slimpsy

Hey all, been awhile since I've rode.  Got a new bike and my permit again and was wondering if I could go ahead and attend a BRC class and get endorsed or if there was a 6 month or something requirement for permit holders to hold it so long?  I forget how it works exactly and thought you all could shed some light.  To my understanding I can just take the course, get the waiver (bought a cruiser..no way I am taking skills test on it, lol) and then get my official endorsement?

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

Edited by Slimpsy

You may have trouble getting into a class they are all filled up in this area. The skills test is nothing and if you can't pass it on your cruiser you shouldn't be riding it.

QFT...

Skills test is a walk in the park compared to the shit you will have to deal with on the road... if you can't pass it on whatever rig you'll be riding every day, you need more practice anyway.

When I took my test, there was the "local chapter president" of some bike club on a goldwing. He said he was on his last attempt before some kind of waiting period if he failed again (failed several times). Convinced it was the size of his Goldwing that was impeding his success, he asked to borrow my Nighthawk 250. I let him do it while I processed my new license. Came out and low-and-behold.....he failed again.... On perhaps the easiest bike on the planet to maneuver. It ain't the bike..... It's the biker.

Edited by C-bus

When I took my test, there was the "local chapter president" of some bike club on a goldwing. He said he was on his last attempt before some kind of waiting period if he failed again (failed several times). Convinced it was the size of his Goldwing that was impeding his success, he asked to borrow my Nighthawk 250. I let him do it while I processed my new license. Came out and low-and-behold.....he failed again.... On perhaps the easiest bike on the planet to maneuver. It ain't the bike..... It's the biker.

Exactly 

Thanks for the replies.  I don't doubt I wouldn't be able to pass it with some more time on this hoss...the last time I took it was 10 years ago on a sport bike....this is my first crusier...I definitely need more practice in the ways of handling it :)  Here's to a great season of mastering this beast!

Thanks again ya'll!