Kettlebells.

baptizo

Anyone using them regularly as a part of your fitness regimen?  I picked up a set off of Amazon along with some workout DVD's.  

I'm through my first week working on my technique/form with a 12kg (26 #'s).  They're definitely effective with respect to cardio and I can feel the workout especially in my legs with specific exercises.  

I am not, however, sure how they'll affect my upper body but it's still too soon to tell.  

Ohhh they will... You'll have to go up in weight though as your stabilizer muscles strengthen... Also, I wouldn't only use kettlebells, I do some core lifts with bars as well. Idk what fitness regiment you're using however, Crossfit uses them a lot along with other Olympic lifts and high impact exercises. If ya want some fun stuff, look up kettlebell complex... Rough stuff out there ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm going to have to try out the kettlebell complex workout and found one about 20 minutes long on Men's Fitness.  

I'm also still doing my push-ups and pull-ups along with some free weight exercises on my off days.  If nothing else, I have a new found interest in working out, again, so I can't complain about the soreness (yet).  

Okay, I'm now into week 2 with the Skogg System and also have a Art of Strength Volume 1 for off-day stuff.  I started out a bit too heavy with the 26 # and went down to a 20 # to work on my form/technique....loving it, so far, and look forward to each workout.  

That is a real nice change in attitude from the past few years of barely working out.  

Awesome man... Keep it up. I was working out religiously for about 8 months doing strength training and after a workout of the day (WOD). Then we had our 2nd kid and I couldn't go to the gym after work anymore. Everything I did in those 8 months, 5 days a week, has disappeared. Never let anything take that time from ya...

I was borderline fanatical about working out when I was in my 20's-30's plus it came with being a soldier.  But, after I left the service I started to stray from any type of a regular routine when I reached my upper 30's and couldn't go surfing everyday (best workout ever) when I decided to leave Wilmington, NC and seek out better employment elsewhere. 

Fast forward about 10 years and it has caught up to me .  Add in a love for beer and well, it ain't pretty as I'm now in my upper 40's. 

I'm not pissed at myself - well, not too much - but I am tired of not doing the right thing with my health. 

Oh, and I've added a CrossCore 180 to my routine so that I have another option along with the kettlebells, The Rack, pull-up bar, free weights, and bands to utilize.