Hi Temp Paint On Exhaust Wrap?

RSparky

Hey all,

I just installed a new Two Bros exhaust, and am loving it! I was hoping by doing so, and disabling my exhaust valve, I could get rid of some under-seat heat, but not so much. It still scorches me baby legs. So, I want to wrap my mid-pipe. 

Not for performance, so no need to tell me it'll make me go slower, cuz the 675 is plenty fast for me anyway. Anywho, I bought the DEI Titanium exhaust wrap. Heard it was good, and I hate fiberglass. It is evil. It's kind of silvery, which would look fine, but I'm kind of wanting it black. 

I read the silicone paint doesn't stick too well to the titanium wraps. Is this true? Will a regular hi temp paint work? 

I'd also like to use some sort of paint because I've read my pipe could possibly corrode. I do ride in the rain and nastiness. 

Advise me.  :crazy:

^^^ The VFR being a V4 cooks my ass with the rear headers near the seat and I did the exhaust wrap thing on the front and rear headers.

The company said to seal it with this stuff and it worked out fine.

http://www.thermotec.com/products/12001-hi-heat-coating.html

Gotta go thru cycles of warm up, cool down, warm up, cool down to bake it in.

-It will stink and smoke good for a few times you start it up.

-- Check out the site, Thermo Tec has a lot of good products for heat shielding.

Edited by mello dude

If in Dayton, go see the guys at Ducati Indy.  They are doing ceramic coating on a lot of bikes these days and can do tons of different colors.  They have a top notch guy that I think is doing Indy stuff also.  Not 100% on that...

But, ceramic coating can be done easily...  It's not bad, either.  There aren't as great a gain as people think.  It doesn't really help that much, but it is getting very popular...