Bolt Extraction

GuardRail-Mike

So.... I need to extract a bolt from a broken off swing arm spool.  Its fairly messed up.  A friend is going to check with one of his mechanic friends he knows but im wondering if there is anyone close to me (reynoldsburg) who would be willing to help!  I have most of the tool possibly not the extractor.  I can ride to your place if your a pro and willing to lend a hand :p

PS: it is a 6mm thread so its pretty small, may need a kit to get something that small :/

Edited by GuardRail-Mike

Nope from what people have told me I'm going to need to drill it out and re tap.  If it ends up being larger then 6mm any input on wether or not a helio coil would work? Can it hold the bikes weight on a stand? any input? Tyler is going to try and weld a nut or something on it to try and get it out.

Nope from what people have told me I'm going to need to drill it out and re tap.  If it ends up being larger then 6mm any input on wether or not a helio coil would work? Can it hold the bikes weight on a stand? any input? Tyler is going to try and weld a nut or something on it to try and get it out.

I work in Columbus at Port Columbus and can help. Are you free tomorrow or Wednesday at11:30am?

I work in Columbus at Port Columbus and can help. Are you free tomorrow or Wednesday at11:30am?

Tomorrow I have class and a test so unfortunately have to go. But weds. Im free.  You a Mechanic there mike? 

And thanks Isaac's Papa good to know if thats what it takes

Tomorrow I have class and a test so unfortunately have to go. But weds. Im free.  You a Mechanic there mike? 

Yes, I am. I get off work at 6pm today. If you meet me at the handar I can probably get that out for you.  Just pm me your phone number and I'll text you the address, etc...

No, going to have Dying Shadow Weld it for me then drill and retap. 

Thanks again for the help really appreciate it, especially on your lunch break  :bow:

No problem Mike. Glad to help you out.