2.6 Tredicillion Bits...

chevysoldier

...how much information would have to be fed into the human brain to restore the traveler's pre-teleportation mental state.

We won't be teleporting any time soon. :(

http://m.nbcnews.com/science/trouble-teleportation-it-could-take-quadrillions-years-6C10817487

Massive storage volumes are straightforward with 1.x. The question is whether one has parallellized their NameNode and JobTracker components. The NSA may have added secret sauce to do it, but I'm not so sure. Prism is most likely a very, very write-biased data processor with just a handful of batch jobs that run periodically.

In any case, 2.x will allow for far more parallelism out of the box. See http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/ for a few tidbits.

Cool stuff, when used for good not evil anyway.

You're officially the third person in Ohio I know that knows Hadoop. I'm working with HDP right now. I'm more excited about LDAP authentication in Hiverserver2 and YARN. Do you use the Apache core or one of the third parties like Cloudera and Hortonworks?

That's cool you're into it Casper! Cloudera presently; researching Hortonworks more seriously after their latest funding round. Pivotal is throwing themselves into the game too, so we're talking. Yourself?

That's cool you're into it Casper! Cloudera presently; researching Hortonworks more seriously after their latest funding round. Pivotal is throwing themselves into the game too, so we're talking. Yourself?

Hortonworks (HDP) and just straight Apache core. Hortonworks stays true to the core code/releases. A few of us are actually talking about starting an Ohio Hadoop users group. Interested?