Playing With Kydex....

oldschoolsdime92

Three things.

First need to get rid of the definition on the ejection port. Put your retention on you trigger guard but not so much as to define the trigger. Can cause a ND.  

Second to get the edge definition. You're not going to get it with any foam. You either have to build a vacuum box orrrrrrr cut you blocks of wood the the negative shape of the bottom of the frame/trigger guard. Mold your kydex let it cool. Then take the heat gun to kydex around the trigger guard adn take your neg and use that to press the kydex around the bottom of the frame.

I use the neg shape for mine.

9202915189_7e5e34e8d3.jpg
_MG_4396 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Third keep that trigger area covered. The dude that made that second holster you pictured is just asking to get someone or him self shot. You can see the trigger in that picture, A shirt will try to get into ever the smallest area of the trigger. Bring that kydex up right under the mag release.  It's something that I have figured out that I may not have been conscious until recently. 

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5

The second one with the 9c came directly from Old faithful.  That's what came with my holster kit. I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. When the firearm is loaded, the trigger is not visible, but I agree w/ you its not a good thing. 

Edited by oldschoolsdime92