Oh 78, 7, 530, 800

RCBS

Rode 78 over to the Ohio today. Was going to try 536 out, but it is closed. I even checked ODOT site before I left...dammit. Had to improvise my planned route, so I rode 78 to the river, then down 7 to 800, back to 78. 78 in good shape all the way over. 7 made me feel at home as its pretty toe-up. 800 in very good shape with scattered gravel and some rough stuff just out of Woodsfield. Clocked 230 total today. Great ride.

i live outside of woodsfield... i posted that 536 was closed last week....

I thought I had seen someone post its closing, hence my trip to ODOTs page. No biggie. Will keep an eye out for you letting us know when it opens back up.

i live outside of woodsfield... i posted that 536 was closed last week....

Have any idea what they're doing to it? Also what are they doing on 26 just before 800 with that big culvert? I fear they're going to do away with that turn and make it a straight shot.

Rode 78 over to the Ohio today. Was going to try 536 out, but it is closed. I even checked ODOT site before I left...dammit. Had to improvise my planned route, so I rode 78 to the river, then down 7 to 800, back to 78. 78 in good shape all the way over. 7 made me feel at home as its pretty toe-up. 800 in very good shape with scattered gravel and some rough stuff just out of Woodsfield. Clocked 230 total today. Great ride.

You should have went with the routes you listed in the thread title...530 is a much better ride than 536 imho.

They're pretty far apart though.

Another thought...when 536 does open up,cross over into W.V. there in Hannibal,head North on 2 for about 5-6 miles and take a right onto county road 89(Proctor Creek Road).You'll have about 23 miles of 536 type twisties all the way to 250,which ain't to bad itself!Be patient with 89 because the pavement is a little rough between the switchbacks heading up the hill from the river,but it's good pavement up on the ridge.

• Upvote 1

Yeah...screwed up title, no way to edit.  Thank you for the route!  I rode solo yesterday, but have a couple friends w/sumos interested in checking out the area. We'll be heading back down that way soon.