Suggested Cfp

TopLeft

With the major decision needed by the end of October (and no I didn't procrastinate, we just became aware of this change recently!) I need to meet with a certified financial planner in the central Ohio area.

Honda has given me two options: continue with a modified pension (coupled with early retirement credits) or opt for an increase (company side) in 401k contribution and no further pension. All my pension through December 31 this year is secured, just the decision on future growth. No decision by me results in default of option 2 so that is obviously better for the company as a whole, but may not be better for each associate depending on age, planned retirement age, etc.

I understand this is a paid service, but want suggestions on who to see. I also plan on seeking input from at least 2 professionals for comparison.

For those stronger in this area than myself, I can answer questions if you'll be able to draw conclusions with the choice or offer opinions I didn't think of. Thanks in advance.