Anyone Able To Pull Files From A Broken Sd Card?

Hoblick

Had my gopro on the hypermotard at the track. The adhesive mount decided to let go down the straight at 125 mph. Case is toast, battery flew out, the gopro still functions. The sd card ejected, and this was the outcome.

Anyone think they can recover my video?

null_zpsffbcb729.jpg

instead of a spare SD card, maybe a miniSD reader/adapter, its already a passthrough device, plus your not ruining your replacement, the tabs might be big enough to let you use a normal soldering iron and do this yourself.

I think the bottom line is theres no guarantees, but the chips visible look reasonably ok, the problem will be the bent board. the inlayed circuits will either work or wont, if won't then firing it up will either not work or toast it. unless there is something spectacular on this video, I'd let it go, as paying someone to do this can get costly for time. if theres anywhere around you that fixes cell phones(specifically replaces soldered in batteries), I would start there and get an estimate.

Check with 12oclocker. Havent seen him post in a while but he makes all sorts of electronic stuff. I've spoke with him about fixing some fried electronics before.

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/user/10113-12oclocker/

His website also: http://12oclocklabs.com/

Worth a shot.

would require a spare sd card, mini heat blower, and a fine soldering iron.

This is exactly how I would attempt it,  when he says spare sd card, I would make that the exact same brand and model, in hopes that you have the exact same circuit board.   I'm also interested to hear if you are successful.   Please report back.   

The problem I see is that the soldering on these sort of things is done by tiny robots,  replicating it by hand is difficult if not impossible.   

Edited by vw151

This is exactly how I would attempt it, when he says spare sd card, I would make that the exact same brand and model, in hopes that you have the exact same circuit board. I'm also interested to hear if you are successful. Please report back.

The problem I see is that the soldering on these sort of things is done by tiny robots, replicating it by hand is difficult if not impossible.

With the right tools the soldering can be done. Check out some YouTube videos. The expense of a quality soldering iron is a problem, and you also have to be quick (really good) as heat will damage the memory cells in the chip. Beyond that, I'm not familiar exactly how, but those type of flash cards do wear leveling, rotating data through the different memory cells at the hardware level. It may require all of the IC's being transplanted to an undamaged sd card.

And microcenter is flavor of the month with their cards, so getting an exact match there could be problematic too.

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but you've got a mountain to climb. Professional data recovery services would have a lot more tools at their disposal if you can't live without it.

GoPro sells tethers for the cameras too.

Good luck.!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2