'10 KTM SMT - Orange

Revelstoker

It is with much regret and remorse that I am typing up this add as I absolutely love this bike and it is everything I have ever wanted in a street bike. But the kids are growing too fast and want a boat. So, the family or lottery has to come first.

2010 SMT with Akro exhaust/map and SAS removed, 4k miles.
New $14k + $3k Akro/SAS removal = $17k original investment.
Asking $12k.

(no ABS as that was not an option in '10)

Bike is hardly ridden and never ridden hard. Original tires still have lots of miles left in them. If you don't know the bike, KTM SMT is a 990 twin with about 120hp and gobs of low, midrange torque. Commute, tour, twisties or milk runs - the bike can do it all well. Seating postion is upright dirt bike style with plenty of leg room for the taller set. Small windshield works well as I don't really notice with wind blast on the super slab.

Akro + SAS removed the hesitation/surging that was common in stock form. Throttle is uber-responsive and gives an instant hit and the rear brake can squeal occasionally when hot but all SMTs do it.

The bad - slight surface scratches on the right tank side, hand guard and brake lever as I lent it to a short friend and he had a tip over. Other than that, the bike looks as pristine as any Orange SMT photos you can find on the web. PM me and I can send pics of the scratches.

• 2 months later...

I took a few photos with the cell phone and I put a few more in a public gallery.

Let me know if you have any questions. ( i fail at pic posting. Images are so big and cut off, but if you click on them, they get even bigger. Need to bottle and sell that as a feature.)

post-13934-0-04311200-1387426956_thumb.j

post-13934-0-13290600-1387426983_thumb.j

post-13934-0-35470900-1387427000_thumb.j

Edited by Revelstoker