1911's only, no polymer, nothing but 1911's

madcat6183

Picked up the new Ruger 1911 today, commander size for 659, was told this is one of, if not the best price around.  Sportsmanden in Shelby has them IN STOCK and you can easily resell them for more right away.  1911 fanpage on FB has some going for 850 right now, bone stock.

I cannot wait to shoot this guy, 45 is all over up here, and interested to see how much more I like it than all the Polymer guns I have.  Granted it's a totally different gun, but cannot wait, so purdy, like Jbot and Blue0636 mouths are after our shower times at Nelson.

• 2 weeks later...

The only piece on the WWII that is not correct is the slide release.  It should be checkered...I found one, as you can see in the pic, but the finish is way off..was using it as a comparison.

I would throw it on wrong color and all.  Very, Very few guns produced for the military prior to WWII have escaped without a rebuild at some point.  It's better to have a correct period part than the correct color finish in my book.