Market Speculation Again

Anden

nice jump yesterday. How did you come across PLUG?

Thanks. Reading and reading and reading and reading and reading.....

Don't remember how I found them but they just got a contract with Wal-mart so I figured it's a go.

Next time we play this game the rules should change to allow penny stocks. I'm rocking one in real life. If it hits a dollar I'm buying a new recon.

Edited by Gump

I wish more people would have participated in this game. I like to see what others are looking at and see if it would apply in the real life.

would love to see what people like in real life.

some stocks I have been liking like CTRL  its been going from 19-23  looking at a 27 target price

HIMX lately been from 13 to15.80 target price 17

I have been buying on the dips kind of love this emotional market

Edited by c7fx

I wish more people would have participated in this game. I like to see what others are looking at and see if it would apply in the real life.

some stocks I have been liking like CTRL  its been going from 19-23  looking at a 27 target price

Ya, you get the wrong news report on something and BAM.I should of rode PLUG to over 10. It's got to pop eventually. It's the new tech bubble, FUEL CELLS.

Real life, I invested in FBIOX (biotechnology mutual fund) December 2012 around $100/share.  Now it's around $220 and seems to still be climbing.

I don't invest in any stock directly, just through mutual funds.

yeah I wouldn't touch plug now

You could short it....I shorted it on another game after I sold it and am loosing my ass currently. It's got to drop but I doubt to where I shorted it. once someone pays attention to something other than hype. Although, fuel cells for fork lifts and their zero charge time are a huge positive for whse's in many ways.

Edited by Gump

I understand buy and short...

buy when you think it will go up, short when you think it will go down... Options have me confused...what the hell is a "put" and a "call"?

Call is the option to buy a stock at a certain price. (strike price) Usually thinking its going to go up and your buying it at that strike price before the expiration date. If the stock never rises your still forced to buy at that strike price.

put option gives you the right to sell a stock that sold you the put option at a specific price. Here your hoping the stock is going down and you get to sell it for a higher price. 

I'm not an options guy I rather buy long and wait. I rarely short a stock. I figure that if I'm going to get into the market invest in good companies not looking to hit one out of the park just grind a profit.

It can be confusing until you do for the first time. The game is the perfect place to try it. The terms still confuse me but it's really really simple. I'm not sure about the time frame though. Meaning, how long do you get to wait until the stock goes down or is there a timeframe in which you must cover? Eternity ?

Ya, I don't like high risk. But for a game that lasts only months with play money why not. I do have a penny stock in real life I've held for year that might just buy me a new Honda Rincon in a few months. If it goes to $1 from $0.03 with 28000 shares.

PLUG finally plummets...

Edited by Gump

That PLUG helped me out. I set it to buy short the same stock after I sold it but it didn't go thru for some reason.27% return isn't too bad.

Edited by Gump

I think diversification was the key to this game. Slow out of the blocks with CLF being the stock that killed me but still finished with a 35% return on my fake money. Now who wants to loan me 100k Ha!!!

You should of had lots of real money from selling all those invisibly 24k plated Yamaha parts.  :D