Found this: Organization that reveals money's influence on politics

just_some_dude

Pretty interesting so far. Pretty helpful. I found some things a bit surprising, or not surprising depends on how you look at it. I've barely touched the surface of it. I'll keep my opinions to myself at the moment, but a few of these have really pissed me off. Would like to know all your thoughts on some of these.

Maplight.org

What is MapLight?

MapLight is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization that reveals money's influence on politics. We provide citizens and journalists with transparency tools that connect data on campaign contributions, politicians, votes, industries, companies, and more to show patterns of influence never before possible to see.

The “Map” in MapLight stands for money and politics. We are a 501©(3) nonprofit organization.

Who funds MapLight?

We are funded by foundations and individuals who favor greater transparency for money and politics. Please see our funding page for a list of our funders.

When did MapLight begin?

We began in March 2005, focused on money and politics in California, with the name “TakeBackCA.org.” In October 2006, we launched a website tracking money and votes in the California legislature. In May 2007, we launched our website tracking money and votes in U.S. Congress and changed our organization’s name to “MapLight” to reflect our focus beyond California.