Possible competition for the Grom

blue03636

YES!    I imported a couple of KSR80's (two stroke) a few years ago (have since sold them) just as they were coming out with the KSR110 (four-stroke).   Took the 80s to MidOhio for Superbike weekend one year.   They were a blast.    Big aftermarket already available for these because this version has been available in Japan for years and years now, and to bring it to the states would (seemingly) just be a matter of ramping up production. 

I dealt with a lot of mini's, and was always amazed at the lack of street legal minis that came to the states.  Yamaha got it right with the YSR50 by making it street legal.  Suzuki failed big-time by not making the GSXR50 street legal.   Honda, Kaw, Suz already had street-legal compliant mini's in Japan, and it seemed like it would have been an easy transition to bring them to the states.   When Honda brought the Dream 50 and NSR50 to the states, they should have kept the lights and such on them, like they made them in Japan. 

Though I'd much rather have the two-stroke version of any of these bikes, I'm happy to see them finally coming to our shores.