Question for Racers

Cleaner

Lizard is right... it is a GP shift thing!

I have found myself doing that on a friends old bike with GP shift. When I was on the track, I wasn't use to it, and I had to get my foot out from under the shifter, easy to just adjust your foot and place it where it needs to be real quick!

I've never seen it on the brake side at all... Got a clip for review? Never seen it, though I am sure it may have happened. Again, possible idea is that the rider pulls the foot up and off to reposition it, but honestly, I wouldn't know why on the brake (right) side...

I thought I saw some riders do it into turn 1 at Estoril for, it seemed, longer than it would take just to adjust foot position. Give me a min to look up a vid.

No problems here man.I was just wanting your opinion!I didn't know the anwser and figured you would or would have the best educated guess.

No prob. I used to do it when I was racing, but I hit my foot one time and I stopped doing it. I think I was moving too slow and it hit. Sat the bike up and I actually lost a championship over it!! Nelson Ledges circa 2003...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ncxisuWPnhg

Really shitty quality. About 2:50 in.

Yeah, I see that a lot and they normally mention what I said way above. :dunno:

That looks illegal as fuck...lol. Did they record that with a digital camera facing the TV? :lol:

I know when you subscribe to motogp.com they won't let you post it anywhere per copyright.

Video cannot be seen. Anyone have a shot of them doing this on the brake side? I still think it may be a fluke deal that a guy does it, but honestly, you don't place your foot under the lever so, it shouldn't happen like on the shifter side...

Video cannot be seen. Anyone have a shot of them doing this on the brake side? I still think it may be a fluke deal that a guy does it, but honestly, you don't place your foot under the lever so, it shouldn't happen like on the shifter side...

I can't definately say which side (or if both) that I've seen it from. I searched for a picture for a while until I gave up. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it was the left side (gear side) only.

i've done it a few times goin into T1 at mid-o, if i really get comfy and havin fun slidin the rear into a corner i'll tip it in a lil and kick the foot out, i think it's kind of a balance thing