Newegg - Refurbished Roku 2 XS - $48

r1crusher

Just got around to checking my email this morning and found Newegg is selling refurbished Roku 2 XS devices for $58 - $10 rebate totaling $48.  Pricing good through 4/5 or supply runs out.

Newegg - Refurbished Roku 2 XS for $48

So if you're in the market to add some video streaming devices these are pretty damn good....I have several. :D

Edited by r1crusher

I have been very happy w/ our Roku.

Our bluray player also has internet access, but Hulu in particular tends to buffer horribly when we stream with the BluRay player.  We don't have that issue with the Roku box.  (and we have confirmed that it IS the device causing the problem.  back-to-back tests streaming the same show through the same service have performed better through the Roku)

I might pick one of these up just to have an extra around.

Interesting.  I've never heard of that specific issue being cause by the device.  I would have pointed toward not enough download speed to stream 2 different pieces of content at the same time.  But most households have a decent enough amount of download speed that it shouldn't be an issue for probably 3-4 steams before stuff gets bad enough to buffer or not stream at HD quality.

Good to know though in case I ever see it happening.  We have 3 Roku's and a Netgear device, plus a half dozen laptops, PLUS a half dozen tablets, AND throw in smartphones that could be on my home network at any given time.  Don't ask how many Xbox's we have....sheesh. :D

I badly need a new modem and router.  Ours are at least 7 years old, and the modem wasn't new when we started using it. 

I'm not really familiar with the technology any more, but I have to believe it's gotten better in the last 5+ years...  I'm probably only getting 50% of the speed I pay for.

If you're on TWC....pick up a Motorola 6141 (don't get the extreme WITH wireless) and a good Linksys router (EA3500 min. or EA6200 if you want to get something with today's tech.)  You'll be amazed at how much better your speeds will be.

Edited by r1crusher

I'd be more than happy to help ya.  Actually, once I get moved also I'll be a bit closer to Cbus.  I have a shit ton of wiring I need to pull and figure out wifi coverage at my place.

Just holla when you're ready.