Duke engine

smccrory

Spoken like a person who put his faith in someone else to make good choices for them. And now you've become an opinionated elder. Forcing his outlook on everyone, whether they want it out not. It's a little sad actually. I sympathize you being so unhappy. Nothing worth posting now, you know it all.

I wonder if there would be an output limitation in that design. Just because of what's stressed and how it's stressed.

I think another neat design (as far as new internal combustion designs go) would be one similar to a rotary vein air tool. It would be two stroke in power delivery nature, and probably be capable of a bunch of rpm. Would wear out quickly, but would be interesting as a motorsports engine.

With the high RPM, cooling it is the difficult part. If it can't be cooled, than that's going to break it dawn and fail quickly. For use on an aircraft or prolonged use car, forced air for cooling would make a great difference. It would be interesting to see this some usable platform. 

When I was in New Zealand in 1999, there was a huge rivalry between rotary and standard motors when it came to all the gear heads, which my cousins and uncles are. They also seem to have plenty of goofy ass vehicles, most of which were pretty cool.

The rotary did very well in many places, and had a very strong following in New Zealand, Australia, yes in the US also. Surprisingly to many, Puerto Rico loved this motor and put some pretty impressive cars together with it.