I just have allergies. I'm not crying.

Casper

You know, to some extent I sort of agree with IP. It's really not entirely different than gun legislation. Putting a no guns sign in the window of a business isn't going to keep a burglar wielding a gun out of the store....if one wants to use an illegal drug, laws aren't gonna stop them from using that drug.

Live and let live? I guess?

True or false: Legalizing drugs would lead to more addicts.

True or false:  Being addicted to drugs is a BAD THING.

Truthfully, I don't care if people use drugs or not, but I WOULD be afraid that if drugs were legalized, drug-related crime would soar through the roof.  Junkies would be mugging people left and right to support their habit :p  And plenty of innocent people would lose even more family members to drugs than they do now :(  

On a societal level, drugs don't do anything for us.  They add nothing.  And there are lots of drawbacks and reasons why they are a negative impact on society.  

The only real difference in our arguments is that I'm putting the emphasis on society as a whole and you're putting the emphasis on the drugs themselves and personal choice.

True or false: Legalizing drugs would lead to more addicts.

True or false:  Being addicted to drugs is a BAD THING.

Truthfully, I don't care if people use drugs or not, but I WOULD be afraid that if drugs were legalized, drug-related crime would soar through the roof.  Junkies would be mugging people left and right to support their habit :p  And plenty of innocent people would lose even more family members to drugs than they do now :(

On a societal level, drugs don't do anything for us.  They add nothing.  And there are lots of drawbacks and reasons why they are a negative impact on society.  

The only real difference in our arguments is that I'm putting the emphasis on society as a whole and you're putting the emphasis on the drugs themselves and personal choice.

Your arguments and fears are unfounded and based solely on the bullshit you've heard from our glorious media and tyrannical government justifying their "war on drugs" which is really a war on our civil liberties and has been from the start.  

Why don't you put forth some effort to educate yourself and get informed about drug use, our oppressive drug laws, and how at least one country who has decriminalized drug use has been successful - Portugal - even though it is far from a perfect approach much less free of oppression for users and alleged dealers.    

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/evaluating-drug-decriminalization-in-portugal-12-years-later-a-891060.html