Mr. Turbo and his 230mph ZX14

NinjaNick

It seems like your so limited to just going out and enjoying a ride. I don't know man. Unless you had two zx14's.

Oh no, Stage 1 is streetable with 93octane pump gas up to 7lbs of boost. You can ride it just like no other. Whenever you want twist it hard and....BAM! :cool:

Turbos are not very streetable for bike applications. For drag racing and top speed competitions, yes. Street? No.

Dave Webber from down south has been trying to get a GSXR1000 with a turbo dialed in for a few years to be used in road racing. The lag is just too much for it to be easy to ride. Turbos come on much like a two stroke and just make them a little hard to deal with.

Build up boost and letting go is fine, but for anything where throttle management is needed (street or road race), it just doesn't make sense.

Again, a Superstock build (much cheaper) will net you better streetable results. The power may not be 200-270 (70 HP difference is a big deal on a motorcycle...), but you could expect 180-190 and that is probably conservative if they are truely getting 170-190 from simple bolt ons...

If you want fast, just get that down to Broc's shop and have them do the pipe, PC and dial it in off the dyno. It's more than enough now, but will be more after and actually be a little easier to ride...

If you want fast, just get that down to Broc's shop and have them do the pipe, PC and dial it in off the dyno. It's more than enough now, but will be more after and actually be a little easier to ride...

This June:)

Should be getting around 195. But still, you only live once, to be able to own and ride a turbo bike sometime would be an awesome experience. I know about 2, 1 turbo busa and 1 muzzy turboed 14, and they say it's so addicting. Dude on the 14 doesn't own chicken strips so I'm sure it's streetable in turns. You can just bring down the boost low. It's the street, you can bring anything to the street. Same with those with 1000hp cars, power is an addiction.

This June:)

Should be getting around 195. But still, you only live once, to be able to own and ride a turbo bike sometime would be an awesome experience. I know about 2, 1 turbo busa and 1 muzzy turboed 14, and they say it's so addicting. Dude on the 14 doesn't own chicken strips so I'm sure it's streetable in turns. You can just bring down the boost low. It's the street, you can bring anything to the street. Same with those with 1000hp cars, power is an addiction.

Who's huffing Nitros:confused:

I've seen the bike in person, first 14 that I actually took the time to sit on. Met Kevin last year when I took my Busa to his shop. XXX Chrome Plating. They fucked up my bike.:mad: Just do a Google search for XXX Chrome Plating and see what comes up. Kevin is a piece of shit!!!!!!!

ouch !!!! I tried to read through that thread but there were too many words, keep us updated on how things work out

Yeah, it's a long read so here is the shortened version - My ass hurts and the bike is trashed:p

is that one guy from the forum painting them for you? when should you be back on the road?

A member who has a paint shop in TX offered to paint them for me free of charge. He said he needed 2 weeks once he got them, so I'm hopin that I'm riding by the end of May. I haven't got them shipped out yet as I'm still trying to get a box for the side fairings.

go to the UPS store for the box it will probably cost $8-9. I have used their boxes to ship side fairings

Thanks for the tip bro. I was gonna try uhaul but. UPS is closer. :badgerrock:

Nick, didn't mean to jack your thread bro. Just wanted peeps to know what kind of piece of shit Kevin is.

• 2 weeks later...
any vids of this run?

It would probably be a tank mount camera which would suck. It's probably out there maybe. Try a google search for the vid. If I have time sometime I'll look too so we can see it Mr.Monk. :cool:I like seeing runs/races from the side of the track, they're hard to find though.