Daytona Motorsports Group Debuts New Class Structures

RC51 John

I know most hate change, but some of the proposed additions. I'm not too sure I like the "LiterBike" or the "Daytona Superbike". Pretty soon they are going to want a spec fairing. They need to understand there is a huge difference between Nascar (LTR - left turn racing) and Motorcycle racing.

Interview: Suzuki's Mel Harris

Lock--Ducati Hopes To Re-Join US Racing In 2009

Yamaha: Waiting For More Details

SouperPoll

Daytona Motorsports Group Debuts New Class Structures

what retards, as if american racing doesnt already suck!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!! people are idiots. racing isnt always about the spectator. even though it is good for us, we cant always look at what we want and you are not going to get more viewers by eliminating the top class. now 600's are top of the line???? you need a superbike class in order to build apon them and make them better. Organizers need to view the races as test labs on how to make what the consumer is getting more reliable, safer, more user friendly,etc.

someone needs to be kicked in the back of the face.

Uh... They are WANTING the classes to have more equal footing. In other words, it isn't much to teh interests of the factories that AMA racing is essentially the Suzuki Cup.

Parity as seen in WSBK and other race orgs shows that more equal rules and the allowance of more factory machines builds better racing.

Oh, and if spectators aren't a concern, guess what happens? The series goes "bye-bye". Sponsors of the series have left due to lack of return. If you don't think spectators are important, you really don't understand the result of not having any...

Nobody enjoys knowing the results before they get there... Right now, they do.

The Daytona Group will be HEADS and SHOULDERS above what the AMA was doing or ever would have done. You may not like NASCAR, but the competition amongst the factories and the amount of spectator and sponsorship that exists in NASCAR is astronomical.

This isn't NASCAR trying to organize motorcycle racing. They will take what works and try to implement it into the series, but overall, the results are going to be MUCH better...

i dint say the spectator wasnt important, i said its not always about the spectator. i know the importance, without the spectator it would be no different than club racing. from what i read it sounded like they were wanting a less defined class that would mix together the 600's and the 1000's into one class. maybe im wrong but that doesnt sound like racing that sounds like going around on the same machinery and see who's faster (NASCAR). i dont see why they dont follow a format that is based on the WSBK one?

Uh... They are WANTING the classes to have more equal footing. In other words, it isn't much to teh interests of the factories that AMA racing is essentially the Suzuki Cup.

Parity as seen in WSBK and other race orgs shows that more equal rules and the allowance of more factory machines builds better racing.

Oh, and if spectators aren't a concern, guess what happens? The series goes "bye-bye". Sponsors of the series have left due to lack of return. If you don't think spectators are important, you really don't understand the result of not having any...

Nobody enjoys knowing the results before they get there... Right now, they do.

The Daytona Group will be HEADS and SHOULDERS above what the AMA was doing or ever would have done. You may not like NASCAR, but the competition amongst the factories and the amount of spectator and sponsorship that exists in NASCAR is astronomical.

This isn't NASCAR trying to organize motorcycle racing. They will take what works and try to implement it into the series, but overall, the results are going to be MUCH better...

You make some valid points. WSBK is very competitive an I really enjoy watching it. AMA was horrible and I'm sure DMG will further refine their classes.

i dint say the spectator wasnt important, i said its not always about the spectator. i know the importance, without the spectator it would be no different than club racing. from what i read it sounded like they were wanting a less defined class that would mix together the 600's and the 1000's into one class. maybe im wrong but that doesnt sound like racing that sounds like going around on the same machinery and see who's faster (NASCAR). i dont see why they dont follow a format that is based on the WSBK one?

They have some really well established class structures. 1000s, 600s, Moto-ST, and Liter bikes in Superbike set-up that require a factory to provide four riders to be eligable. That's an instant 16 minimal factory riders on a grid if the big four attend. That's more than ever before and the way it should be.

Spec tires will ultimately be Dunlop. With Goodyear supporting NASCAR, it only makes sense they are in the motorcycle side of things. Plus, most teams run them anyways...

It will be more equal footing amongst the teams and riders will make the difference in winning or losing. Not so much the team and bike. Not that Spies and Mladin couldn't win on a Honda, it is just that Suzuki is pretty dominant on the grids...

im actually rather interested in seeing the races at mid-O this year. i dont think i really want to watch the "daytona superbike" shit, but will anyways because its new. but the class where anything goes and the literbike class will def be 10000000* more interesting than current AMA stuff methinks.

this wont take effect until 2009....

i'm really amped for this though. we'll finally see ALL of the top level guys together in one class, where the bikes will be very close in performance. it will be a 20 rider freight train for 25 laps! i guess this means i'm gonna have to hop on a 1k next year...lol.

this wont take effect until 2009....

i'm really amped for this though. we'll finally see ALL of the top level guys together in one class, where the bikes will be very close in performance. it will be a 20 rider freight train for 25 laps! i guess this means i'm gonna have to hop on a 1k next year...lol.

DO IT.... :burnout:

Actually, the liter superbike is going to be next to nothing in terms of purse so, it will most likely be avoided by the pro riders. The 600 superbike class is where DMG wants the attention to go. They are only entertaining the liter class since the rules for 2009 were set up so well... They're sounding as if they will allow it until 2010 and then decide.

Honestly, I think the premier class still should be 1000s. I think there isn't a damn thing wrong with 600SS and the whole spec tire deal can work in either class. Adjust the current superbike class to work and run the 600s...

yea, that's why i'd run to the literbike class, no way i'd qualify for daytona superbike... i gotta admit the 600 stuff is gonna make for WAY closer racing. the 1000's have too much to allow for riders to run away. it is really different for the 600's to be the premier stuff, but it will be SUPER competitive.