suspension?

jhaag

dont know if this is the right forum, but.....

any advise on a GOOD suspension shop locally? i need to have my forks on my '03 600rr looked at/worked and need it by next sat (4/26).

mid ohio beckons....

thanks, in advance :cool:

Yota's guy is Matt Carr of Indy Ducati. Unless you want to overnight ship them, he will probably not be able to get them done.

PM Lizard 1... he is your best bet for a suggestions. What do you need done to them? Refreshed? or just set up for you. People will be at mid ohio that can set them for you but I dont know about refreshing them. Im waiting to see what the weather is going to do for next weekend. I have this purty new built track bike and I need to get out on her. :( As of now they are calling for T storms and I dont have rain tires.

yeah, weather looks poopy.

i know a couple of wera guys around the 'bus. i'll also pm lizard.

i'm not sure whats going on with them. the dude i traded my beloved tl for this rr, said he put springs in it. but, knowing now what his mechanical abilities are, i cant imagine he didnt fuck something up in there. they're very similar to a pogo stick and i cant seem to adjust that out. its like there is 0.5 wt oil in there......maybe even water........who knows...:(

Race suspension or track suspension uses a racing 5W oil. So, if it has 5W, that's right. However, the amount or level could be dead wrong...

As far as springs, springs can be fine, but if the valving is stock, it may be needing changed.

I can get you to two guys that can turn it around quickly, but not 100%. If you need someone to look it over really close, I'd take it to Jason at Department of Suspension as he's the guy usually at Mid-Ohio with STT.

Jason's pretty damn good. Tell him I sent you. His website is:

http://departmentofsuspension.com/

Contact him Monday and see if he can set you up for first thing in the morning at the track to help start out a setting that may work. I can help you by looking it over, but it sounds like you are dealing with sorted internals not doing their jobs right...

You could ship it to Jason and get them bolted up at the track. You can secure a bike with a front stand that goes under the triple tree (Pit Bull style) and get it there easy enough...

Or, I can talk to one of my buddies and have you ship it to him and he can bring it to the track. The other guy would have to ship it back to you and that would be EXPENSIVE to do it all in a span of 4 days...

By the way, nobody local is any good at sorting suspension... Well, the right way...

thanks for the link, lizard. i sent an email to DOS. i dont think this is anything that will require too much work, so i'm going to try to have them do the work for me before the track day.

is your RR track only? is she running stock forks and springs?

this bike will be track and street. forks are stock, springs are not.

also, nice sneaks.....:cool: