Barely warm enough, but OH-763 and roads N. of Aberdeen are a gem.

Phreon

We had a "warm enough" day today, so I layered up 4 layers under my fall/"winter" jacket, heavy gloves, thermals, etc. I intended to take the Vulcan 500, but despite being on the Battery Tender Jr., the battery is toast. Hit the starter - Gggrrrrrrrr-click-click....  &^$%^!!!

Rolled the Nighthawk out and got it to cough to life, hopped on, filled the tank and met up with my friend at Party Source parking lot just across the I-471 bridge. Took KY-8 out to Maysville for lunch, took the old bridge across the river, wandered around up and down the hills, hooked up with OH-763 (AWESOME) and worked my way home via 247, etc.

I have to say, I'm starting to love the Nighthawk. Yeah, it's a heavier feel than the Vulcan (of course!), but as soon as I lighten up off the bars, the bike feels like it goes into turns by itself.  Slabbed it the last 10 miles or so to get home and enjoyed how good it is on the highway.  I was doubting whether I was going to fix it up all the way, but now there's no doubt. PLENTY fast. It's running smooth and after about 100 miles of rural twisties and state routes, it still returned 51 MPG.

Unfortunately, she blew a fork seal, so it's back off the road for a while, but I was planning on refreshing the front end this Spring anyway.

OH-763 and surrounding roads are great. That is a GREAT pocket of roads. Wooded, lots of turns, but the pavement is a little sketchy here and there.