Went to Beaver Run this weekend

alexchannell

Track is fun, although pretty bumpy on the back straight. Had the bars shaking pretty good every lap. Didn't like NESBA's no passing on the inside rule. Made it so I had to be hard on the brakes and pass other bikes in the straight before tipping in. The LED event I did at mid ohio was better in this aspect.

Coming weekend I'll be going to mid ohio, hopefully the weather holds.

RB7_3954.jpg

RB7_4271.jpg

RB7_5059.jpg

Video of one of the earlier sessions:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8206382951826482612&hl=en

You'll like the I group at Mid-O much better than at NESBA...

The crew we have for Mid-Ohio is one of the best. Our crew for the east areas including Beaver isn't what I'd call as good, but still not bad as many of the Mid-O guys help out...

See you this weekend and quit worrying about the weather. No more talk of that "R" word, you hear? I won't let you through tech of you do!!:D

I'd run Mid OH in the RAIN.....

I thought the repaved beaver and fixed the bumps out of the first kink.

Dang that is going to make that kink fun on the 1k... I have ran NESBA I with no issues. If you can get upside someone before turn in I think that is considered making the pass on the straight. they just don't want passes up the inside past turn in. But if you can't get even by then, then best to wait.

Only thing I didn't like was a coach had to wave you by... So if they take lap and a half to see you and they are behind a rider running 5-10 seconds slower then you, you are stuck with your finger up your butt..

The time I did I had even showed the coach a wheel and 4 -5 turns later still hadn't signaled (though I didn't know and passed him on the outside of Big bear at Putnam) and went around after at least a full lap behind him.

i love beaver! you should come out memorial day weekend with sportbiketracktime. That track is a blast and yes the left hander at the bottom of the hill is bumpy. just gotta grab a short shift,pin it, and tip it in. Also you can go through the second kink totally wide open, great place to make up time. just gotta get 'er upright and real hard on the brakes for the carousel.

You'll like the I group at Mid-O much better than at NESBA...

The crew we have for Mid-Ohio is one of the best. Our crew for the east areas including Beaver isn't what I'd call as good, but still not bad as many of the Mid-O guys help out...

See you this weekend and quit worrying about the weather. No more talk of that "R" word, you hear? I won't let you through tech of you do!!:D

Yeah it was great last time, but is was only I and A guys out on the track and we could go out and come in any time I wanted, no sessions.

Sounds good... I will be at mid o on Sunday..

Your plastics on that 6 are weirding me out.. Whats up with the single light cutout? Do you street those plastics also?

Yeah I do, too much work swapping out the street plastics all the time, plus I run the risk of snapping the plastic tabs on the stock plastics.

i love beaver! you should come out memorial day weekend with sportbiketracktime. That track is a blast and yes the left hander at the bottom of the hill is bumpy. just gotta grab a short shift,pin it, and tip it in. Also you can go through the second kink totally wide open, great place to make up time. just gotta get 'er upright and real hard on the brakes for the carousel.

Yeah in the video I loose a ton of time there but have no problems outbraking most everyone. When the control rider told me to follow his line, I had so much speed, but when braking like I normally do I almost ass packed him. Took me till the end of the day till I could finally hold it wide open.

A friend of mine was on a rs125 was in the advanced group and pulling away from everyone. Pretty amazing to watch, he was running in the 1:03's

yea there's some fast gp bikes around there. not a hp track at all which helps them. I should be under the 1.00.00 mark this year. ran a ton of 1.01s last year with a blown clutch on the stock motor. nothin like grabbin gears and then boggin... thought i was just spinnin it up. really fun track for sure.

Yeah I do, too much work swapping out the street plastics all the time, plus I run the risk of snapping the plastic tabs on the stock plastics.

I understand that.. Im thinking of "modifying" my track plastics so that I can ride it on the street as well.

Yeah in the video I loose a ton of time there but have no problems outbraking most everyone. When the control rider told me to follow his line, I had so much speed, but when braking like I normally do I almost ass packed him. Took me till the end of the day till I could finally hold it wide open.

A friend of mine was on a rs125 was in the advanced group and pulling away from everyone. Pretty amazing to watch, he was running in the 1:03's

Be careful saying that on here, Lizard may sneak up behind you at mid ohio and well....... you get the point... or at least you will...

Lizard -> :supergay:

Watch your cornhole...

Yeah that was one place I was struggling last year that 2nd kink.

I would roll off a hair at turn in, then backin. Everytime I tried to leave it WTFO I would not get it upright and braking in time and ended up going way to deep into the last corner.

Gonna be fun on the 1k though.

yea there's some fast gp bikes around there. not a hp track at all which helps them. I should be under the 1.00.00 mark this year. ran a ton of 1.01s last year with a blown clutch on the stock motor. nothin like grabbin gears and then boggin... thought i was just spinnin it up. really fun track for sure.

I hope to hit some 1:00 but I know sub 1:00 will be a big jump from my 1:03 on my 03 600 last year.

I think 1:00 should get me maybe a top 10 expert A races. Hope...