Fitbit

Casper

i am and always will be reigning champion of my short friends list until someone who runs or does cross fit regularly comes along and dethrones me.  for a while, one of my friends who is a stay at home mom of 2 kids was exercising a lot and she was beating me by a thousand or 2 steps but she stopped.

....i am still tremendously fat.

i dont think nick wears his fitbit when he works out.  my brother in law plays basketball and works out every day, and i know he would trounce me if he actually wore his.  but he doesn't so fuck him and fuck nick! YEAH BIATCH, KING OF FITBIT FRIENDS LIST!!!!1!!1!!

Does it work with bicycles?

Speaking from experience with the Garmin Vivofit kind of.

These devices sense "steps" based on a motion sensor.

It seems to be mostly based on the step impact. 

On a bicycle the Vivofit seems to count some of the road vibrations as steps but it is inconsistent. 

This morning my 26 mile ride netted me about 5000 steps. 

I chose the Vivofit over fitbit because it was cheaper, waterproof and does not need charged. It is also simplier but I don't mind the missing features.

Craig

i have a fitbit flex if someone wants to buy one.  i have light blue (small and large) bands but the large band is kinda torn, but the small band is new.  $40! so cheap!

After using the Fitbit for around 24 hours I'm pretty happy with it. I did notice while riding bicycles that it works much better if I tighten it up. That is opposite what the manual said. I figured this out after I was done climbing. It only went up to around 155-160bpm. It should have been closer to 180bpm. Hopefully it works a little better tomorrow.

I found that when I play tennis (which is where I get most of my steps from) I'll adjust the strap one tighter than usual and pull it up my arm and that seems to give somewhat accurate readings.

• Upvote 1

I found that when I play tennis (which is where I get most of my steps from) I'll adjust the strap one tighter than usual and pull it up my arm and that seems to give somewhat accurate readings.

Don't lie, it's all the faping you do.