Rotors

Hoblick

Over the winter I'm upgrading the brakes on the multistrada. It has some brake shudder that's annoying, and reading online the culprit is the rotors. But since it will be winter I'll be swapping out the stock brembo p4 calipers for either brembo m4 or m50 monobloc calipers.

Rotors are the question. I'll most likely to with ebc full floating rotors, but unsure which to get. The vee rotors or the pro lite contour. Seems the vee rotors are more show and the pro lite will perform better having more rotor surface. What say you all?

I'm not opposed to other brands galfer, braking, brake tech, etc.

But I'm not spending $1000 on rotors

The galfer, braking, and brake tech rotors will give you more friction and better stopping power than either of the EBC offerings, but the better friction is do to more iron and they are prone to rust if ran in the rain. I have had them rust setting in a reasonably dry garage...but they sure work well!

Have you tried cleaning the bobbins? They tend to get dirty with brake dust and road grime and stop floating.

Edited by whaler

Factory and quality aftermarket rotors really don't warp persay. It's either a build up of friction material on the rotor surface, rust or dirt build up behind the rotor on its mounting surface or improperly torqued wheel, which would really only apply to cars and sssa with lug nuts.

Pull the rotor off make sure the mounting surfaced are clean, retorque the rotor and do 8-10 very very hard stops with riding long enough to allow the rotor to cool back down between each time you do it. Also do not drag the brake, and if you're sitting at a stop light after quick braking don't hold the brake either.