CNC Billet Preload Front Fork Spring Adjuster Adjuster Kit?

Wojo72

Has anybody tried something like this on their bikes?   I'm trying to stiffen the front forks up a little bit on a budget.  I'm wondering if this or thicker oil would be good enough.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Billet-Preload-Adjuster-Adjustor/dp/B00RPU6FH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440105970&sr=8-1&keywords=CNC+Billet+Preload+Front+Fork+Spring+Adjuster+Adjuster+Kit%3F

For $70.00 bucks you can get stiffer springs from Sonic Springs. You can adjust preload by using different length spacers if you are on a budget.

Have you checked your SAG? A little thicker oil may be all you need, but verify the sag.

the FZ07 doenst have preload adjustable forks.  

preload adjuster would be a nice upgrade, but if the springs are still to soft for your weight, then it won't matter much anyhow, as well they are damper rod forks which don't offer much in the way of damping, and the lack of adjustability that a cartridge fork offers is a big downer.

at minimum do new fork springs for your weight, and thicker oil to slow the damping.

but if you want a better outcome id do fork emulators and springs.

and best bet would be a set of cartridges, then you'll have better damping, correct spring rate, and full adjustability of the forks.

on a budget, correct springs, and heavier oil would suffice, and be a improvement over stock for sure, but your just not gonna be able to get the right damping out of those damper rod forks.  

i would recommend correct springs and emulators for the best bang for the buck.

unless you can do it yourself, factor in labor cost as well.

I'm probably the cheapest around for suspension modifications, if you have any questions or are wanting a price quote let me know

Edited by Hoblick