Suspension Ideas

playerpro153

I've been looking around a bunch for suspension upgrades and came up with a few alternatives. After reading a several opinions for upgrades, it doesn't seem necessary to replace the entire fork, but the cartridges inside.

The two items I'm looking at are the ohlins cartridges, the Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridges, or the AK-gas forks. Does anybody have experience with either of these.

I'm leaning towards the AK-gas because they have the same technology that the ohlins FGR-800 forks without the $10,000 bill attached to them. The AK's are gas charged and precision CNC'd components for a mild $2,500.

In comparison, the ohlins road fork is 3,000, the cartridge is 1,500 and the AK-20 cartridges are only 1,000.

If anybody has experience with multiple suspension products, I could use some feedback here.

I've been looking around a bunch for suspension upgrades and came up with a few alternatives. After reading a several opinions for upgrades, it doesn't seem necessary to replace the entire fork, but the cartridges inside.

The two items I'm looking at are the ohlins cartridges, the Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridges, or the AK-gas forks. Does anybody have experience with either of these.

I'm leaning towards the AK-gas because they have the same technology that the ohlins FGR-800 forks without the $10,000 bill attached to them. The AK's are gas charged and precision CNC'd components for a mild $2,500.

In comparison, the ohlins road fork is 3,000, the cartridge is 1,500 and the AK-20 cartridges are only 1,000.

If anybody has experience with multiple suspension products, I could use some feedback here.

You could probably pick up a used set of the Ohlins 25mil cartridges for around 700-1000 used on the Wera board. You could also just have your forks revalved with the Ohlins 20mil internals for about $500 The question to propose to yourself if will you be able to ride well enough to put that kind of money into the forks?

I picked up a set of forks with 20mil ohlins internals for my bike and a penske triple rear which Im sure will be plenty for me.

is this for a racebike or a streetbike? If youre using it on a streetbike dont waste your money on cartridge kits just have your oem's re valved. You will not notice any difference on the street between revalved and cartridges. Dont waste your money. For my race bike I have Ohlins 25mm carts and a Ohlins ttx rear shock.