Shout out to Shitty and Flounder...

Moto-Brian

Big shout out to ShittyGixxer and Flounder for the battery hook-up at Mid-Ohio. One of my buddies had his battery charging and left it on the work bench. Not a big deal, but he is from western Indiana!!

Called Floundy and he got one from Shitty. Really appreciate it, guys. After all, had you not been able to come through, Drew would have had to struggle through riding my bike (which he thought sucked)!!!

Had a great day and it was great putting faces to names. Met quite a few guys from the board and see that everyone made it through unscathed.

I think maybe the one kid with the white CBR600 with the headlight hole might have bailed in his last session as I saw him coming in as we were heading out in Advanced.

Hope you're ok...

Everyone else - had a great time. I was pretty beat from all day Saturday, but still had a decent time and had some laid back fun...

Glad you guys had some good weather.

Waiting on Flounder's take on the new setup.

hey Lizard Eddie K. had a wreck in Sunday Warm up and hurt his shoulder FYI. He did take the MW solo victory.

600cc Expert was a stacked field this weekend.

I had a really good time. Im just trying to get used to the new setup which by the about the 4th session, I managed to beat my best time from last year which is not too shabby considering that this was my first time even riding this bike this year. Not to mention getting used to all the changes in setup. The track started to cool off during the 5th and 6th sessions and I was beat so no more improving for the day. (I ran the same time as Drew did on Lizards bike session 6) hahahahahah I had to say it just to get a rise out of you drew. Lizard provoked me. :) )

Other then that, the new suspension and tires feel great. (Thanks Lizard for all the help setting up my suspension)

Of course Lizard did pass me through tech with a missing pinch bolt and the other one hanging out.. haha.. no really during session 1 I "donated" an axle pinch bolt to the track and almost lost the other one as well. At least lizard was there to make fun of me as usual and had an extra bolt that I used and then safety wired them to avoid that shit again.

Also I want to thank Lizard for allowing me to use his generator and all the other stuff he helped me out with.

Thanks to drew for helping me out with lines riding suggestions.

I cant wait till the next track day.

Awh, are you guys going to hug?

With all these shoutouts, I thought for a minute this was TRL. :lol:

Keep it up and I will take those tires sitting in my garage and ghost ride them down 270.... :D:D;):lol:

Or, they may be pink when you come to get them.

Sounds like you all had a great time! And thanks for the tires Lizard!

No worries. I think I left him three. Can't remember, but the freshest one looks the worst. It's shagged on the sides, but the center is primo and it is the softest of the group.

Of course Lizard did pass me through tech with a missing pinch bolt and the other one hanging out.. haha.. no really during session 1 I "donated" an axle pinch bolt to the track and almost lost the other one as well. At least lizard was there to make fun of me as usual and had an extra bolt that I used and then safety wired them to avoid that shit again.

And I also wanted to thank YOTA for noticing the bolt was missing and the other was half way out...

FIXED :D

So Yota did you torque flounder the correct Nm specified in the Fish Manual???

Ha, nope. I was too busy watching Drew do some kind of art work with some 2 ton pound test safety wire. By the time he was done twisting there was a whole scene of flounder and Ariel swimming in the sea. I was pretty schweeet. :lol:

I think maybe the one kid with the white CBR600 with the headlight hole might have bailed in his last session as I saw him coming in as we were heading out in Advanced.

Hope you're ok...

Yep that was me, bike got all loose in back end and I took it off track and layed it in the gravel at like 5mph. Not sure what happened, haven't had a chance to check it out but have it on video, looks almost like the back brake was locked...yet I never use it at the track.

Yep that was me, bike got all loose in back end and I took it off track and layed it in the gravel at like 5mph. Not sure what happened, haven't had a chance to check it out but have it on video, looks almost like the back brake was locked...yet I never use it at the track.

Shit I forgot you had your cam on there... Post up the vid on youtube when you get time. Sucks to hear you went down but at least your ok and it doesnt sound like it was too bad.

Shit I forgot you had your cam on there... Post up the vid on youtube when you get time. Sucks to hear you went down but at least your ok and it doesnt sound like it was too bad.

Yeah, it was slow slow, no damage done. Bike is fully rideable.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8737001559137085681&hl=en

Here is one of them....haven't uploaded the others.

If your mashing gears under full throttle I feel sorry for that gearbox.

Unless he has a quick shift, he has to roll off slightly... He's refering to not pulling in the lever, I think. You won't get a gearbox to work with the throttle wide open and pushing on the shifter... Quick blips of the throttle and push down at the same time allows it to change.

Unless he has a quick shift, he has to roll off slightly... He's refering to not pulling in the lever, I think. You won't get a gearbox to work with the throttle wide open and pushing on the shifter... Quick blips of the throttle and push down at the same time allows it to change.

Hence my concern about "full throttle upshifts without clutch" sounds terrible.

Going from full open to almost full closed while being 6'5" on a tiny 600 and stock ratio throttle can be tough. In more of an upright position, it's not bad. At beaver I wasn't using the clutch most of the time.

Hence my concern about "full throttle upshifts without clutch" sounds terrible.

Going from full open to almost full closed while being 6'5" on a tiny 600 and stock ratio throttle can be tough. In more of an upright position, it's not bad. At beaver I wasn't using the clutch most of the time.

If you have to go to full close you are not timing it right. All you need is maybe 1/4 inch of turn or less depending on how good you are at it.

Quick shifters are the shizzle.