Nick Schmitt To Make Pro Debut In MotoAmerica Superstock 600

MotoAmerica

nick schmitt, screaming chicken racing, MotoAmerica, superstock 600, triumph

Photo by Motoception

North Carolina resident Nick Schmitt has teamed this season with Screaming Chicken Racing to contest the MotoAmerica Superstock 600 class on a Triumph 675R Daytona.

Nick Schmitt and Screaming Chicken Racing are preparing for their first season of professional road racing in the 2016 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Championship. SCR will be one of the few teams—if not the only one—to enter the Superstock 600 class on a Triumph 675R Daytona against an established list of up-and-coming riders aboard four-cylinder machinery.

Schmitt is entering his fourth season of competition and third as a full-time racer. The 24-year-old Raleigh, North Carolina, resident began road racing in 2013 and earned three second-place finishes and a WERA Expert license in his first race weekend. One month later, against the best amateurs in the country, Schmitt placed third in the AMA Road Race Grand Championships.

Though only contesting half of that season’s races, Schmitt finished in the top five overall in four of the seven middleweight classes in which he entered. In 2014, Schmitt competed as a Novice in select WERA-, CCS-, and ASRA-sanctioned events, and last season, he contested the WERA Expert National Challenge Series, claiming a top-four overall ranking at the end of the season.

“I’ve only been racing for a short time," Schmitt said, "but I’ve consistently proven my abilities as a racer on the bike and as a dedicated ambassador to the sport and my sponsors off the bike. This season, I’m looking forward to competing against the best riders in the country, improving my skills, posting good results, and earning my spot in American road racing.”

Screaming Chicken Racing was established March, 1984, in Garner, North Carolina, as an amateur motocross race team. Over the years, SCR has won multiple NC Motocross, District 29, Ultra Series, and NC Winter Series championships. The team contested the 2004-2007 AMA Arenacross series with a best finish of second.

Screaming Chicken Racing expanded into road racing in 2013 and continues to support other riders in their racing pursuits. Screaming Chicken Racing currently supports seven riders ranging in ages from 11 to 50 in three disciplines.

View the full article