Insurance Recommendations?

JackImpact

Havent tried yet with the cars it was my girlfriends doing setting up the insurance of the suv and the car. I talked to pekin and said with my driving record  ( as stated before a speeding ticket 3 years ago and a failure to control thank you mr state trooper 2 years ago) they didnt feel safe insuring a 07 750 gsxr. So they wont touch me. Looks like progressive at 90$ a month is what i am getting stuck with.

Wow I'm amazed at how much the price differs with drivers. I only have one insured currently, but it's full custom coverage, with all the bells and whistles plus $3000 non-oem parts replacement for $30 a month through Geico. Are you guys calling an agent or just getting online quotes? My online quotes were almost twice as much as the same coverage through an agent (there are discounts that aren't always applied through online, you have to ask in person to have them added). I do have a few traffic misdemeanors but they are all from pre-2006 so I don't think they affect my premium.

I have called all of them. They claim they only go back 3 years and thats where i think my problem is. 3 plus years ago i had a no eye protection charge( witch was bogus ) and a failure to show insurance. In june of 2013 i had the speeding ticket and 2014 i had the failure to control. So i guess i made my own bed so now i got to lay in it. 

Failure to control is a big one. I got hit with that back in college when my tire chirped when pulling out of my apartment complex. I tried to fight it since the officer couldn't explain what a chirp had to do with controlling a vehicle, but in the end I had to pay. That cop really didn't like me for some reason.... I think he was fishing for a DUI and when he found out I was sober, just had to pick something to make the stop worth his time.

$113 a year for full gromby coverage through esurance of all places. $250 collision $0 comprehensive and same liability as the autos.

Probably be looking to switching back to State Farm, which I dumped for motorcycle when I got the 599 and the agent couldn't figure out what it was and got too confused by the Z in the vin.... Ugh

but the 599 was $85 a year for full coverage through esurance

• 2 weeks later...

How does this Geico rate look? First year rider, record should be clean by now, WELL over 25 y/o. Took MSF class. (Wife told me that I need to have certain minimum coverages due to having an umbrella policy. We're planning to dump the umbrella policy.) We have 3 cars and a house under the same insurance. Getting rid of one car, but we added a 16 y/o driver. Probably time to make some changes!

2014 KAWASAKI NINJA 300
Vehicle Total 12 Month Premium $428.00
Comprehensive Not Carried
Collision Not Carried
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage $7,500 $24.00
Towing and Labor Not Carried
Bodily Injury Liability $300,000/$300,000 $35.00
Property Damage Liability $100,000 $14.00
Medical Payments $10,000 $192.00
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury $100,000/$300,000 $68.00
Underinsured Motorist $100,000/$300,000 $95.00

Just got a message from an agent about Pekin insurance. She said the premium would be about HALF of what Geico is currently charging for the same coverage. They have my attention now. ^_^ Although, I do see some complaints on the BBB site for Pekin.

1 hour ago, hiro said:

Just got a message from an agent about Pekin insurance. She said the premium would be about HALF of what Geico is currently charging for the same coverage. They have my attention now. ^_^ Although, I do see some complaints on the BBB site for Pekin.

I can't speak for all of Pekin's clients, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them.  Cheapest premiums I could find on big limit policies.   I had a pretty severe front side impact claim on my truck last year that they paid without question.  $8k claim paid in full to the bodyshop of my choosing, and never questioned me about anything but the circumstances behind the accident.  So they've got my business until I can find a reason to search elsewhere

• Upvote 1