Motorcyclist flipped bird, popped wheelie, crashed

CbrGirl

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_MOTORCYCLE_CHASE?SITE=WCMHTV&SECTION=STRANGE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-05-05-19-42-00

COPIAGUE, N.Y. (AP) -- A Long Island man who flipped his finger at a police cruiser and then popped a wheelie on his motorcycle is recovering from injuries after crashing.

Suffolk County Police said Frank Patti, 26, of West Islip, rode by the police car at a service station in Copiague at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. Police say Patti made an obscene gesture to two officers in the car, popped a wheelie and then sped away.

Police gave chase.

When the motorcycle turned into a parking lot it crashed into a police car that had joined the chase.

Police said Patti was treated for minor injuries at Southside Hospital. He's charged with fleeing police, resisting arrest and several traffic violations.

He was being held for arraignment Monday. Police did not know if he had an attorney.

Thanks SpaceGhost for the story!

all the cops need to do is get there plate number then they can stop by their house the next day and politely ask them to stop riding like a dick. I know there are a lot of tough guys on here but if the cops paid me a visit the next day I would watch myself.

When people realize that they are not anonymous they tend to act differently. No need to smash his bike or cause him injury, it is the duty of the judge and jury to give him his punishment not the cops. I am sure that the cop pulled right in front of him and stopped and the bike t-boned the cruiser, that is the way it always happens right?