Going to lose my job!!!

BDW

I just found out I am going to lose my job due to the terrible housing market. Just as life was going good this shit has to happen!!

Anyone know of any good corners that I can work on?

Had to vent somewhere....sorry. :(:mad::(

I support software for an engineering company. Basically the company I work for has design software for wood and steel trusses, wall panels and other engineered wood products.

I currently cover all customers in MI, OH, some in IN, and PA. I go onsite for training and troubleshooting our software along with customizing reports and other output.

What sucks is I am somewhat considered IT, but not enough to get into a real IT position. I also know a bit of coding and report writing but not enough to be a programmer. At this point I don't think I am going to be able to find a job making what I do now. :mad:

Bah!!! I have now been offered another position inside the company but it would require me to move to FL. :mad: I just moved to OH 2 years ago for this position, I don't want to have to move again.

WTB winning lottery numbers!!!

That sucks man, I feel for ya, I really do.. There are a few of us IT guys on here so let us know if you have any ideas of something you want to do.

Yes, definitely. I know we have a programmer position and two AIX sys admin positions opening up soon. They just got approved by the board. I think there might be a few other positions also. PM me with what kind of salary range you'd like to stay in.

PM sent.

i know my company has hired some "electrical technicians" here before. not quite IT and not quite engineers... its in NH but im sure theres other companies looking for that kind of support role. dunno about salary tho. i know they make less than the engineers.

I feel 'ya BDW. Left the railroad last fall after 3 1/2 year stint puttin' my wife through school while she finished up her BA & MA. I've got 8 years of banking, investment, & lending experience before I hit the rail. I'm just lookin' for somethin' with regular weekday hours now, so I don't miss any more of my kids' activities.....and you'd think I was askin' for the Hope Diamond.

Live in a town of about 40,000, & unless I wanna be a truck driver, RN or bartender.......There aint much in our want ads. Just stayin' home now takin' care of our 2 year old......and loooookin

Good luck.....Hope everything works out for you!!

Things are looking up again! As I stated before, they offered me another position that would require me to move to FL. Using my phenomenal negotiating skills, I convinced them to let move back to St. Louis, MO to where all my family and friends are. (I should be a salesman) ;)

I really hate to leave the house that my wife and I have right now, because it’s exactly what we wanted in a house. I think in the long run though, it will be much better to be around family when we decide to have children.

I’m not quite sure when I want to move yet, so I hope to find some time to meet up with more of you to ride before I go.

:beating: Hands off the bike, she isn't going anywhere! :beating: