Should Mr. Bret be mod and only person allowed to start QS&L threads?

Casper

Should Mr. Bret be mod and only person allowed to start QS&L threads?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mr. Bret be mod and only person allowed to start QS&L threads?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we've been slacking on the pictures thing.......

As for CbrGirl, I agree. Its stupid to have a forum for just QS&L threads. That's why we broke down the sections of the state.

In all honesty, everything was working great until someone said Mr Bret should be the only one starting the threads. That's idiotic, like saying I'm the only one that should start political threads because I do it the most.

If you all put as much effort into pushing Ohio Riders events as you do QS&L threads, we'd be huge.

I don't care who starts the threads. But no bitching when someone posts it before you. Nobody owns the QS&L threads. Nobody's the mod of the QS&L threads.

I am no longer pushing the issue after this post but if you use the phrase "in all honesty" then you have to be honest. The issue was about him getting to mod the threads, not start them you included start them as a way to make your point sound better.

I think that was the point to push Ohio Riders events. He shows up to alot more events than anyone else here and giving him some card to pass out and letting him keep meet threads on topic helps to get people there to be huge.

I am no longer pushing the issue after this post but if you use the phrase "in all honesty" then you have to be honest. The issue was about him getting to mod the threads, not start them you included start them as a way to make your point sound better.

I think that was the point to push Ohio Riders events. He shows up to alot more events than anyone else here and giving him some card to pass out and letting him keep meet threads on topic helps to get people there to be huge.

No, honesty would be this issue even came up because someone else (CbrGirl) started the QS&L thread this week. If that wasn't the issue at hand, then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

:flingpoo:

In all honesty, everything was working great until someone said Mr Bret should be the only one starting the threads. That's idiotic, like saying I'm the only one that should start political threads because I do it the most.

I don't care who starts the threads. But no bitching when someone posts it before you. Nobody owns the QS&L threads. Nobody's the mod of the QS&L threads.

:lol: That is so stupid that you had to post that. I agree. Everyone knows about QS&L bike nights anyways, why does there even have to be a thread unless you want to post pictures you took.

It's all pretty f'n gay if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Question from the new guy......Is there a reason/rule Bret HAS to be a mod in order to pass out cards/stickers etc???

And BTW Shitty.....You never answered what these jobs you have are, to buy my vote?!? How much is it worth to you? ;)

Ok so as the temp stand in mod to be I would like thank all of my very fine supporters (they are the better riders & all round better people you know ;)).

I do feel the pressure from the powers that be may be to great to overcome at this time. I do fee that as a free country anyone should be able to start a QS&L thread at any time, I just feel I should be given the option of deleting any QS&L threads not started by me & the repost them as I see fit ;)

I would like to think that anyone that does start the QS&L thread does plan on going to Shell/QS&L on the day they are posting about, now this is not anything against any past QS&L thread starters but to all future QS&L thread starters, This is assuming the weather is good enough & no other issues of any kind arise causing the thread starter to not be able to make it.

As it has been said, I do try to make it to as many of the QS&L bike nights as I can. It is always good to see new faces, old faces not seen in a while & the few regulars that also are able to make it to Shell very often.

Pics are always cool to see on this (or any) site and if there are some OR.net cards someone can get to me I'll be fine with passing them out etc.

As for the Lodge Bar bike night. I was not consulted on this gathering so I will be boycotting it & going to work, missing out on the cheap/good burgers, cheap drinks, dyno runs & general fun. ;)

Last of all I would like to say:

t_16235_01.jpg

Question from the new guy......Is there a reason/rule Bret HAS to be a mod in order to pass out cards/stickers etc???

And BTW Shitty.....You never answered what these jobs you have are, to buy my vote?!? How much is it worth to you? ;)

No reason he has to be the Mod. He just makes sure to take care of posting a thread that most people dont care about. He shows up every week and meets lots of new members. Usually you reward/thank someone that does good, I guess you call it manners.

As far as jobs go I think enough of us have been poor college students so I do my best to hook them up with part time positions so they can afford this expensive hobby we all enjoy.

As far as jobs go I think enough of us have been poor college students so I do my best to hook them up with part time positions so they can afford this expensive hobby we all enjoy.

Gotcha.......So nuthin' full time/permanent, in...ohhhh...say the 50k range?!? :D

I'm just curious to why all of you need reminded of something that happens EVERY WEEK for years now??? :dunno: What are so important about the threads? :lol:

For the record, I voted for Bret because I like the dude. :D

Some times the time change. It's good to see who's coming so we get an idea of who else we may be waiting for, someone may post they'll be a few mins later etc. You should come to at least one Nick.

Some times the time change. It's good to see who's coming so we get an idea of who else we may be waiting for, someone may post they'll be a few mins later etc. You should come to at least one Nick.

That'd be a bit of a ride just for a QS&L bike night, don't ya think?

:postcop:

This is all getting a little out of hand, don't you think?

If you will notice on the original post for QSL 5-7-08 http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=13243 Bret is not the one saying he should be the moderator of the QSL posts. Everyone was just surprised to see that he hadn't posted it first and had a laugh. His comment about stealing the post WAS A JOKE!!!

His point of posting about QSL every week is to get an idea who to expect and give the new members a chance to put faces/bikes to the names. It's obviously a good idea to meet up at Shell as opposed to finding someone at QSL in the sea of bikes, so kudos to whomever thought of it in the first place. Also, when a bunch of bikes meet at Shell and ride to QSL together, they usually park together. When ppl are walking around looking at bikes and see the OR.net stickers on several of them together, they might think this site is worth checking out. And yes, Nick, most ppl know that QSL has bikenight every week but his posts are about meeting at Shell for the above reasons. And yes, the thread does need to be repeated weekly since it's a different date, therefore it will have different responses. Plus if it was only posted once, new members would not see it after it gets buried in all the rest of the threads as time goes by.

Bret does not need to be the moderator necessarily (sorry dear) and anyone can start the thread. But as stated previously, it does make sense for someone to start the thread who will be there. Bret always makes an effort to introduce himself and the group when a new member arrives. He is only trying to give the newbs a reference and make them feel welcome. It's a chance to meet new people!

One person "in charge" of an event that doesn't even have anything to do with Ohio Riders seems silly to me

Um, I think being a member of Ohio Riders means he has something to do with it. Now, putting a person "in charge" of or posting about an event they rarely or don't plan to attend seems silly. Once again, I ask you to refer to the original 5/7/08 post. Notice Bret hasn't posted anything about the Lodge Bar bike nights because he has to work and is unable to attend.

If there is an already large & established bike night why wouldn't OR.net want to be a part of it, get a bunch of people together to represent OR.net.

Some have said about gaining new members etc... well what better place than at the largest bike night in the close area? Starting a new one is all good & i'm sure we all hope it does very well.

Anyway, this thread was pretty pointless as the "against" argument has the backing of the mods & to be honest I think if it were to happen then it would just open flood gates for others to be want to be mods of all kinds of things etc.

I think as I am one of the few that you can almost count on being at Shell/QS&L each & every (dry) week & being on a bike that is an easy reference point for new people to find in a crowd of chrome & plastic, the black naked bike with GOLD wheels it also makes it easy to put a screen name & bike to a face. I think with these details I make a good person/bike to be able to point out to people be able to find me & in turn the OR.net members that are able to make it to bike night. It's hard to tell a newb to the forum to go there & look for the red ZX10 or blue GSXR etc etc is kind of silly.

That'd be a bit of a ride just for a QS&L bike night, don't ya think?

We come down for it about once a season.

But then we went up to Detroit/Royal Oaks' too........But that's another story for another thread....Perhaps the "Daily Ride" ;)

EDIT: Story added ;) .............

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=13407