TnT

ninjachk08

do any of you go out to KK on thurs for TnT? or maybe next tuesday for bike night? ill be heading out there tomorrow night, but it'll be bout 7.30 cuz i have to work. but i wont have the bike. prob next tues tho! i wont see this again till tomorrow night, so i doubt ill run into anyone.

Myself, Sam (SamBusa), & another buddy went down there 'bout year & half ago....Aug '06. Here was the writeup I did back then............

A Night at the Drags

[name=Fonzie' date='Aug 16 2006, 03:54 PM]

No........not a night at the gay bars!! :icon_evilgrin:

Cruised down to Sam's yesterday morning to pick him up. Started off our day by putting the new SilverStars in the headlights, that way I'd be able to try them out on the way home last night. Here's some before and after pix for those thinking of making the change (to me, the difference isn't as noticeable in the head on shots, as it in the ones facing forward) ...........

Bike113.jpg

new low beam

Bike114.jpg

old high beam

Bike115.jpg

new high beam

Bike116.jpg

And some pictures of my MESSY garage.........thanx kids!! :icon_nono:

Bike117.jpg

new low beam

Bike118.jpg

old high beam

Bike119.jpg

new high beam

Bike120.jpg

Got done with that & headed out for Springfield about noon. Traded bikes for awhile since we haven't ridden each others since last year. Were going to a dealer down there called Competition Accessories that handles all the big 4 plus Ducati & custom choppers.....including one from OCC. One of the guys we work with bought his '03 ZX12 down there 2 years ago, and I've been wanting to go check it out ever since. Nice dealerhip......pretty big with nice selection of bikes AND accessories......and they're not stingy about letting you sit on the rides.

Very rider friendly place........designated motorcycle parking, complete with a concrete strip running through all the spots for your kickstand!! :icon_thumbsup: Sam picked up a OGIO (never heard of them before, but seems pretty nice) tank bag/backpack yesterday, and they OFFERED to let him take it out & try it on the bike first, plus me some new grips I was thinking of getting (decided against for now). Little touches like that tell you they think of their target audience first! :icon_clap:

Called Alan (Skull) from there to see where/when we were hooking up (Great guy.......more on that later, and man his D&D carbon fibers sound tough......nice growl to 'em). He recommended an ice cream/burger place on the way called Young's Dairy. I was hoping there'd be something goofy like a huge cow or barnyard animal to take pix of the bikes in front of.........but no such luck!! :icon_razz:

Headed over to KilKare after that to catch some racing. Gotta love the smell of race fuel & burning rubber!! :icon_dance: Alan went through the gate first, then Sam & me last. I noticed Sam got through really quick. So I pulled up, wallet in hand, pulling my gloves off, and the lady tells me that the first guy through had paid for all our tickets already!! :icon_eek: Thanx Alan.....very cool! :icon_cool:

b72f80dc.jpg

And now back to our regularly scheduled story :icon_lmao: ..........

Bike127.jpg

Bike128.jpg

Sam felt right at home..........place was like Busa heaven.....surprisingly no 14's to be seen, though there were a few ZX10's, and of course Alan & I were the only Birds. One of the 10's was piloted by a kid I think.....don't think he coulda been more than 18. He was one of the fastest racers there too......impressive for his age. Fastest time we saw was an 8.64 I believe.......forget what his speed was. There were some older bikes there too, including some old Yamaha 250 we think. That guy had a heck of a time keeping the front end down on his launches!! Here's Sam telling me who he thinks the #1 photographer is :icon_wink: (notice his Nicky Hayden T-shirt........went well with his Busa hat....he really needs to come out of the closet and declare his undying love of Honda :icon_nana: )

Bike131.jpg

Bike132.jpg

Bike129.jpg

And some more group shots of the bikes (notice the Jolly Green Giant's shadow :icon_wink:) ...........

Bike123.jpg

Bike124.jpg

Bike127.jpg

And my favorite.........

Bike130.jpg

Racing ran 'til dark, then it was time to head home :icon_frown: Ride home was pleasantly uneventful. Got to play around with my new bulbs. Quite a difference from stock. I always felt mine were quite dim compared to Sam's replacements, but now I could be 10 bike lengths back from him, and the front edge of my low beam would be even with his.....plus it covers BOTH lanes!! :icon_eek: Brights just plain light up the night. Hated spending $40 bucks on bulbs, but I'm thinkin' I'll be glad I did!

Oh yeah Fonzie, Busa's are a dime a dozen at a dragstrip, atleast here in Xenia. I grew up listening to the drag strip as I fell a sleep at night when I was little. I was born in Xenia in 1977 and I would sleep with my windows open when I was little and loved falling a sleep to the engines roaring throughout the whole town. :cool: It always put me to sleep with a smile. I've always loved FAST TOYS.

There's much illegal street racing too at late night in Dayton too for some big bucks.

I hope to see much more Kawi 14's at Kil-Kare this season. I know other places have lots of 14's, but Dayton is a busa town it seems.:nono: