Paint?

wolfman

i absolutely love base coat clear coat its not a matter of the type of paint its how much flex you give it. I can shoot it for you i have to shoot mine soon.

What do you mean by how much 'flex' you give it? Sorry I'm pretty new to painting. I've shot some paint in the past but only on my jeep frame. It turned out pretty good for my first attempt but obviously I want to do it a little better on my fairings. I'm not looking for a perfect paint job b/c this bike will see street/track and I'm sure it will end up with scratches/scrapes.

just spray paint it if your not looking for perfection. i spray painted mine for a total of $30 using duplicolor cans. You can't tell unless you get real close, i didn't want to spend ~$500 for a good looking paint job and then go to the track and mess it up...

th_DSC03507.jpg

click on it for a bigger pic...

flex is how much it will bend before cracking. Go base/clear, one steps look like shit after a few years, unless that isn't a concern.

Okay, that's what I thought it meant...I just don't know how you go about 'giving it flex'...I figured that was something inherent to the paint type/brand. I assume that with fiberglass track fairings I should get a flexible paint so that it doesn't crack easily. I'm not really concerned with longevity because I'm a shitty rider and will probably wreck it anyways...:D

just spray paint it if your not looking for perfection. i spray painted mine for a total of $30 using duplicolor cans. You can't tell unless you get real close, i didn't want to spend ~$500 for a good looking paint job and then go to the track and mess it up...

th_DSC03507.jpg

click on it for a bigger pic...

Yeah, I've been debating just spray painting it. I already have a paint gun, compressor, particle mask though...might as well use them.

Okay, that's what I thought it meant...I just don't know how you go about 'giving it flex'...I figured that was something inherent to the paint type/brand. I assume that with fiberglass track fairings I should get a flexible paint so that it doesn't crack easily. I'm not really concerned with longevity because I'm a shitty rider and will probably wreck it anyways...:D

Yeah, I've been debating just spray painting it. I already have a paint gun, compressor, particle mask though...might as well use them.

o well if you already have all the equipment then ya man go for it. i didn't realize you had all that.

Ok good! Call Shermin Williams. Ask them for a price on single stage automotive grade paint and the reducer to go along with it. Even a novice can spray that stuff and make it look good. Its relatively cheap, last longer you will need it to, has more shine than spray paint and when someone asks you can say it is real paint and that you did it your self. If you want some free help let me know.I know a little bit about paint.

Ok good! Call Shermin Williams. Ask them for a price on single stage automotive grade paint and the reducer to go along with it. Even a novice can spray that stuff and make it look good. Its relatively cheap, last longer you will need it to, has more shine than spray paint and when someone asks you can say it is real paint and that you did it your self. If you want some free help let me know.I know a little bit about paint.

Thanks, I'll probably go this route with the paint. Is 1 quart enough for a whole bike?