Noooob all around

SuperHawk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theory is: Don't ride beyond your capabilities. Your capability right now is Zero. Like I said, practice pushing it around a bit so, it'll give you an idea of how low speed maneuvering is (kind of, at least). Then find an EMPTY parking lot to ride in.

The theory is: Don't ride beyond your capabilities. Your capability right now is Zero. Like I said, practice pushing it around a bit so, it'll give you an idea of how low speed maneuvering is (kind of, at least). Then find an EMPTY parking lot to ride in.

+1 an empty parking lot is also good for praticing hardcore emergency braking.

I never took the course and didnt own my first bike until 4 years ago. My advice to you, if you cant take the course immediately...stay off the main roads. Putt around a few local neighborhoods for an hour at a time. Even go to a big open parking lot and to practice stopping and starting before you venture out into the neighborhoodsd. Do a few figure 8's, slow turns, and quick stops. I did this for about 2-3 weeks before i went out in the main traffic (no highways, and definitely not during rush hour)

There's no shame in taking it slow.

Definitely! Thanks guys, I for sure won't be venturing out for awhile, but thanks for the invites! I need to get my basic stuff down pat and get more comfortable, on the bike and the thought of being on the road with all the other drivers and no protection.

Much thanks to Yotaman for offering his help and for everyone else. Field trip to my place this weekend!! I'll get some pizza or wings or whatever and a cooler full of refreshments and we can just hang. I'm free all weekend except saturday night. And my garage is huge, so the more the merrier!

Matt

I'll get some pizza or wings or whatever and a cooler full of refreshments and we can just hang. I'm free all weekend except saturday night. And my garage is huge, so the more the merrier!

Matt

SHIT! I like you already! Definately a cool guy to hang with....now that is how to have friends over. Wish I lived up there. :nono::(

We need to listen to our own advice sometimes...... :wtf:

Disclaimer:

There's no shame in taking it slow, unless you have two bikes and are CONSTANTLY running your mouth about who's faster than who.

What happened? Someone got owned by there smack talk?

Just to let you guys know, Kevin is coming over to my place on Saturday morning, and another one of my friends that has a gixxer will be there. Just hanging and he'll be showing me the ropes of the bike.

Anyone's welcome.

375 e. 5th ave, cols, oh 43201, its a business called Clark Grave Vault.

I highly suggest KEITH CODES "Twist of the Wrist II" Superhawk. It's a book and it's a great tool for anyone that wants to be a great rider. It's $20 online, check it out brother. :wink: My copy is in my coffee table drawer. :thefinger:

I highly suggest KEITH CODES "Twist of the Wrist II" Superhawk. It's a book and it's a great tool for anyone that wants to be a great rider. It's $20 online, check it out brother. :wink: My copy is in my coffee table drawer. :thefinger:

Thanks man, I'm gonna try and get to bmv today and take my temps test, and I read in the book that the bmv gave me that if I take the BRC I don't have to take the skills(riding) test to get my license, anyone done this? I'm hoping to get into next tuesday's BRC so we'll so how that goes. I'll look into the book.

Matt

We can buy the book at Iron Pony when we go. It funny the ninja mentioned that cuz I was actually going to pick up a copy of it when we went this saturday.

I have a copy you can borrow if you just want to read it. If you actually want to own a copy then pick it up. It's a good read.

We need to listen to our own advice sometimes...... :wtf:

Disclaimer:

There's no shame in taking it slow, unless you have two bikes and are CONSTANTLY running your mouth about who's faster than who.

I was talking about taking it slow at the GAP you cacksucker...

I hate the weatherman!! On monday,tuesday and even early yesterday they all said friday/sat/sun was supposed to be sunny and 0% chance of rain. I checked it this morning and I'm pissed. They should be held responsible for my pain!!!!