good shop in dayton other than comp acc

natedogg624

hey guys i plan on doing a few engine mods this summer beyond my garage mechanic abilities...

the thing i need the most installed is a jet kit for my bike. Anyone know of quality shops that can install and tune it properly (would be sweet if they had a dyno...)

anything but competition accessories i have had nothing but bad experiences with their service dept.

prefer a shop sportbike oriented so i can get a mech that knows a little something about my bike and the kit being installed.

any suggestions??

thanks

Hmmm.... I agree with you about competition accessories, they have nothing but half retarded people working in service. I have heard really good things and bad things about southside, the dealership in west carolton, and the same with the kawi dealership I think in Springfield? But I have had no personal experience with either one I am just going by what I have heard.

I've used Southside in Moraine for little things in the past and their service is decent. There's a Kawi place down in Kettering off Wilmington (I think) that I've heard a few decent things about also. Not sure about the shop down in Middletown but they are always too busy it seems in their service department. My Dad even had a problem with them getting the service in and done on his Boulevard.

Problem is around here you will always here one shop talking crap about another.

I'm doing some work myself on the side. I wrenched at a shop for a short time (zerocrash can vouch). I've got enough tooling to do a good deal of work. Don't have a dyno though.

Let me know what you need. I installed my jet kit. The hardest thing is getting it just right without the dyno. I'm close, but would like to get some dyno time myself to finish tuning it.

if you've done it yourself i would like to tackle this myself (with you) ill let you know when i get it.

i called extreme and they quoted me 220 for the labor which isn't too bad.

tuning wont be hard, ordering from Ivan's, and he's got the tuning numbers i need to tune it just right with the configuration i have.

I'm doing some work myself on the side. I wrenched at a shop for a short time (zerocrash can vouch). I've got enough tooling to do a good deal of work. Don't have a dyno though.

Let me know what you need. I installed my jet kit. The hardest thing is getting it just right without the dyno. I'm close, but would like to get some dyno time myself to finish tuning it.

Yep, and Dustin's not just some backyard hack, he actually went to school and I think he may have even graduated. :D Seriously though, he does good work.

• 2 weeks later...
Where is a good place to pick up parts and accessories?

The internet! You won't be no tax shopping and cheaper prices. I'm buying my sprocket change from vortex.com

If you refuse to use the net try EPC(Extreme Performance Cycle) on Woodman dr.